Adds an Edit Content link to the WordPress admin bar so you can quickly jump between editing pages, posts, and other custom post types. Very helpful if you’re doing a lot of content editing.
- Upload the
admin-bar-edit-page-linksfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it!
How do I add other post types to the drop down?
Click on ‘Admin Bar Edit Content Links’ in the ‘Settings’ menu on the left. Then check the box beside the post types you want to show and click ‘Save Changes.’
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Bar Edit Content Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Made the ‘abepl_exclude_post_types’ filter more reliable – will now remove the checkbox from the settings screen as well as prevent a previously checked, valid post type from displaying in the admin bar menu.
- Made the ‘bs_abep_query_args’ filter more reliable – now resets to defaults each time through the list of post types.
- Changed filter from ‘abepl-exclude-post-types’ to ‘abepl_exclude_post_types’.
- Cleaned up some code formatting.
- I was pushing updates way too early in the morning. I accidentally reverted the plugin to a VERY old version.
- I’m sorry. Don’t hate me. 🙂
- Left a little debugging line in v 1.4.1 – It’s gone now. 🙂
- Moved to using
- Fixed bug with default ordering. Children were not always shown below their parents and some grandchildren or great grandchildren, etc. were missing.
- Note: Hierarchical sorting goes away if you change the
orderbyparameter away from
- Changed versioning system at 1.1.0 and plugin update was not triggered. This is just a version bump to trigger an update.
- Moved location of the filter ‘bs_abep_query_args’ – now you can check for the post type while filtering
- Added in ‘posts_per_page’ to the query args – inadvertently left that out in 1.1.0
- Added ability to add multiple post types to the menu
- Minor housekeeping things
- Fixed: Undefined variable PHP Notice
- Added: Translation ’support
- Fixed: Pre 3.8 users would not get page list
- Minor CSS tweak for pre 3.8 users
- Updated icon to use the dashicon in 3.8 with an image fallback for older versions
- General CSS update
- Remove testing code
- Initial Plugin Launch