** Features. **
- Easy to use.
- There is a tool in the admin bar that makes it easy to add / manage scripts loaded by a page.
- Support localized script.
- Support YUI Compressor. We don’t use clo’sure compiler as it is not 100% safe. read here
- CSS & Script files URL cleaned from query string, leverage browser cache.
- Easy to view and manage merged files.
- There is an option to put merged script to the header or footer
How To Use
While loading a page, the plugin will automatically detect the scripts and styles used on the page using WP enqueue system.
However, in certain circumstances, there are scripts and styles that are not detected automatically, ’such as akismet-form that u’sually comes late in the wp_footer
To check that kind of scripts, first, enable “Show Manage Scripts Menu on the Admin Bar” option in the plugin settings page. This option will add a menu to the admin-bar menu. This menu will appear when you open any page except for the admin page. Now, through that menu, you can choose scripts you want to merge or exclude easily.
Install & activate the plugin. Modify some options in the settings page to ’suits your need.
Contributors & Developers
“APH Merge Scripts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.3.1 – September 4, 2016
- Fix chahe check is’sue
1.3 – September 1, 2016
- Add option to manage remote files
- Add option to 404 page
- Fix some is’sues
- Minor performance improvements
1.2 – August 21, 2016
- Remove “File name & location” option, as now, we use predefined file name + hash to force user to download the latest merged file
- Disable creating merged file on 404 HTTP Response, as it caused some problems when WordPress load non-existing CSS or js files
- Fix is’sues on “APH Show Scripts” Menu on Admin Bar
- Add “Show Handles” link to show handles of merged files
- Fix other is’sues
1.1 – July 31, 2016
- Add ’support to YUI Compressor
- Fix some is’sues
- Add uninstall file
- Rewrite source code to meet WordPress coding standard
- Change admin options interface
Initial Public Release