100% AUTOMATIC INTERNAL LINKING PLUGIN FOR WORDPRESS. NO NEED TO BE AN EXPERT, 2 CLICKS AND IT’S DONE!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
You all know that using the right internal linking strategy can boost your SEO! Before your content can rank, it needs links. Internal links connect your content and give Google an idea of the structure of your website. The more links an important page receives, the more important it will seem to search engines. Therefore, good internal links are crucial to your SEO.
The Automatic links for SEO plugin is a revolution in the field of internal linking. No need to manually create your links with any other WordPress plugins. This plugin will do it for you, in automatic mode, using Yoast / Rank Math Focus keywords as **anchor text for internal link building.**
How it works (short version)
Once the plugin is installed, take a few minutes to read the few explanations to understand which features to use.
- Make sure you select the correct options in the “Settings” section. These are generalized to all the functionalities of the plugin (SYNC, AUTO LINKS, INTERNAL / EXTERNAL LINKS), such as for example:
- Where to apply: if you want the plugin to limit link creation only to pages, articles, products and “custom post types”.
- Where to NOT apply: if you want to exclude pages, articles, and others (note that you can also exclude some pages by using the META BOX visible in the SIDEBAR of each of your pages).
- Exclude HTML Tags: if you want to limit link creation to your content (by default, H1, H2, H3 tags are excluded)
- Priority: if you want the links to be created to override the links already created
- Max links: the number of links to create per page (make sure not to create too many, 2 is a good average)
- New Tab: if the created links should open in a new window
- No Follow: if the NOFOLLOW attribute must be added to created links (not recommended – only for external links)
- Partial Match: if the “Anchor text” created can vary depending on whether the word found contains a variation (the plural form).
- Case sensitive: if the “anchor text” created must have the same “shape” (capital letters, for example)
Once done, you can start synchronization from the **SYNC **button.
Once launched, a log will appear just below showing you all the links being created.
Once finished, if you want to view all the links created by the plugin, simply go to “Activity Log“.
Then you can also create custom links manually by going to the “Custom Manual links” section.
– The “Internal links” feature allows you to create internal links from custom words (anchor text) (other than “focus Keywords”) for existing pages on your website
– The “External links” feature allows you to create external links also from specific words (Anchor text)
An editable “Log” is available on the same page allowing you to modify each of these “custom” links.
How it works (explanations)?
Automatic Internal links for SEO works from the “Focus Keywords” (META tag Keyword) used with the help of Yoast SEO or Rank Math when creating META data (the titles and descriptions listed by Google when you do a search).
Considering that the words (or combinations of words) used as “Focus Keywords” when you created your META data are important as they represent the theme for which you want your content to be understood by search engines and also that one of the factors that play a role on how valuable a link is, is the anchor text, this plugin will scan your website for these “Focus Keyword” and identify / match the pages, articles, or products where they have been found.
Then, it will scan the content of your website looking for words or combinations of words similar to these “Focus Keywords” (the plugin offers a certain flexibility in the identification of these words, in particular via some options like “Partial Match, Case sensitive, … ).
Once identified, these will be automatically converted into “anchor text” with a link redirecting to the page to which they correspond.
For example, if you have written a page for which you have defined as “Focus Keyword” the word “Mechanical”, the plugin will scan your website for the word “Mechanical” and once found, it will automatically create a link to the page where this “Focus Keyword” was found. If you subsequently change this “Focus Keyword” to something else, the previously created links will be deleted and new links will be created.
The particularity of this plugin is that the detection of new content created is done on an automatic basis! In other words, the plugin will continuously scan your website looking for new links to create from “Focus Keywords”.
But there is more! Once the plugin is installed, you will be offered 2 options: SYNC & AUTO LINKS.
The SYNC function, from the chosen configuration (Priority, number of links, etc.), without even having to identify anything, will scan your website for “Focus Keywords” and automatically create all the corresponding links. Once done, depending on your activity on the website, the plugin will notify you of the existence of new links to synchronize. This last operation is manual.
The AUTO LINKS functionis 100% automated. In other words, the plugin will automatically detect page updates or new pages created and proceed directly to the creation of the links, without you having to do anything.
Thus, your internal linking strategy evolves at the same time as the creation of your content and will boost your SEO and Web traffic.
About the PRO version
The PRO version allows you to activate several features including:
– Woocommerce product pages for the “SYNC” feature.
– The “AUTO LINK” feature (Continuous sync)
– Product pages for Custom internal / external links
How does it work with search engines?
Here’s what Google says:
Google must constantly search for new pages and add them to its list of known pages. Some pages are known because Google has already crawled them before. Other pages are discovered when Google follows a link from a known page to a new page.
When Google (or any other search engine) crawls a website, it does so by following internal links using the Google bot. The bot reaches the homepage of a website (or any other page) and starts following the first link that it comes across on the site. By following such links, it can understand the relationships between different web pages within a website.
Internal links also give Google an idea of your website structure and that’s the purpose of adding links throughout your content. They help you to build a site hierarchy, allowing you to provide more value to important web pages on your site or blog posts than the rest. A good internal linking strategy allows the distribution of page rank and link juice from one page to another
The perfect example of internal link usage is Wikipedia. If you view any page on Wikipedia you will immediately notice that they are using tens of internal links (with keywords as the anchor text) and guess what? Wikipedia appears very often on top of search engine results pages … !
Google Recommendations on Internal Links : Matt Cutts (former head of the Google Quality team) in this video confirmed that internal links are treated differently from external links and provided that you are not doing any exaggerations (for example having more than 100 links per page), you don’t have to worry that you are violating Google webmaster guidelines.
Check here for more details : https://youtu.be/6ybpXU0ckKQ
What are internal links?
Internal linking is essential to any website because it helps establish site architecture and spread the link juice. An internal link is any link from one page on your website to another page on your website. Both your users and search engines use links to find content on your website. They won’t find a page if there are no links to it.
Why is internal linking important?
For a very simple reason. Just because you post content on your website doesn’t mean it is:
– Directly available in search engine results
– Accessible & Indexable by search engines
And this, even if your website has an up-to-date sitemap.
For content, whatever it is, to be crawled by search engines, then indexed and ultimately to generate SEO, it must be accessible through the internal linking! In other words, crawlers, moving from link to link on your website, must be able to access it quickly.
But this is usually where two major obstacles prevent crawling and indexing of this content (and this is one of the biggest SEO issues) on millions of websites: (too) deep pages and orphaned pages.
Deep pages (also called “weak pages”) are pages too deep in the structure of your website that struggle to be discovered and crawled on a regular basis by crawlers, which decreases their importance (at search engine eyes) and therefore decrease the likelihood that they generate SEO.
Orphaned pages are also a common problem. These are pages identified as existing by crawlers, from your sitemaps, but which cannot be found by search engines, via internal links. These are therefore pages that will not generate any ranking on search engines.
An automatic internal linking solution will allow you to flatten your URL structure so as to make all of your content much more accessible by search engines and therefore more likely to generate SEO. Moreover, internal link building has several other advantages as it helps build page authority, usability, connections between web pages, user experience, and more important, an efficient Google ranking.
Internal links vs external links
Every website consists of internal and external links. Internal links connect pages and posts on your own website and external links connect your pages to other websites
- Unzip all files to the
- Log into WordPress admin and activate the ‘SEO Auto Internal Links’ plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu
- Go to “Auto Links for SEO” in the left-hand menu to start work on it.
Is it possible to use this plugin with another SEO plugin?
At the moment, the Auto internal links for SEO plugin is only compatible with Yoast SEO and Rank Math plugins. Upcoming updates will allow greater compatibility.
Is it possible to exclude a particular area from the text?
Yes. it’s possible. You’ll need to “inspect” the element using DevTools. Get the CSS id and add it in the Exclude HTML Tags / ID / Class section like this: #container (if it’s a class then like this: .skip-autolinks). All links inside that container will be skipped.
Is it possible to “blacklist” keyword from being used as anchors?
Yes. There is a section where you can enter all your keywords, one by line, they will be skipped during the process. Please note that excluded keywords are case sensitive by default. If your keyword is adding links to both cases, then make sure to include both (case sensitive & insensitive) on each line. e.g. “wordpress” in excluded keywords list will not skip “WordPress”. You can just add “WordPress” on new line to skip both.
Is this plugin compatible with Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)?
For the moment, this plugin is not compatible with ACF (as ACF use postmeta for custom field while this plugin is using the_content filter which doesn’t support postmeta).
Does it work with scheduled publications?
Yes. As soon as your content is published, this plugin will detect your URL and focus keywords and will create links everywhere needed.
No! The SYNC & AUTO SYNC features take very little resources. Meaning that even a shared host should handle this continuous process nicely.
No. The SYNC process is only taking posts data. But it’s on our TODO list for future updates.
Is this plugin compatible with WPML or Polylang plugins?
Partially. Meaning that this plugin will detect all your pages, even those (duplicated) created with WPML, and will created links as expected. However, the Auto Internal Links plugin is not yet able to differentiate between identical words, used in different languages. For example, the word: “stress”, is spelled the same way in English and in French. This means that when it is detected as a “Focus Keyword”, it may happen that links to English pages are created in the French version of the site, and vice versa (the plugin is not capable, for the moment, to distinguish the languages used between the pages). This is a problem that we are trying to find a solution to.
Yes. No relation to breadcrumbs.
Is it possible to avoid a page/post/product from being used by the plugin?
Yes. You can use the META Box available on sidebar of your post to “unSync” a specific page.
Regarding external links, we recommend applying 3 rules. The first is to always make an external link to an authority page for which search engines have no doubts as to its meaning (eg: Wikipedia). Then make sure you only make one such external link per page. Finally, be sure to include a NoFollow attribute in your link to maximize the performance of crawlers on YOUR site
NO. It is not recommended to use the NoFollow attribute for internal links.
Does this plugin support a wide range of character encodings?
Yes, so far so good. Let us know if you are having an issue with this.
YES. This plugin was made to avoid this type of issue.
Contributors & Developers
“Internal Linking for SEO traffic & Ranking – Auto internal links (100% automatic)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 🚀 Initial release.
- 🐛 FIX: Fatal error because of type hinting.
- 🐛 FIX: Script type issue with import modules.
- 👌 IMPROVE: Notification to refresh page after 20 seconds if SYNC process is stuck.
- 🐛 FIX: Issue with PHP 5.6
- 👌 IMPROVE: Notifications for opt-in
- 🐛 FIX: Security fix
- 👌 IMPROVE: MySQL query for fetching data
- 👌 IMPROVE: Updated Freemius to v2.5.3
- 👌 IMPROVE: Slow performance when there are more than 1000 items
- 👌 IMPROVE: New Fetch items asynchronous function to collect items data
- 👌 IMPROVE: Sync items asynchronous function to store items data in logs
- 👌 IMPROVE: Performance for front-end by fetching data on visited items
- 👌 IMPROVE: Storing data in WordPress transients cache
- 👌 IMPROVE: Global override settings for links
- 👌 IMPROVE: Loading progress bar for fetch and sync items
- 👌 IMPROVE: Memory notification for optimal performance if there are 1000+ items
- 🐛 FIX: Crashing issues while syncing items
- 🐛 FIX: Error handling for Sync process
- 🐛 FIX: Layout issue for navigation buttons. Improved layout
- 👌 IMPROVE: Caching deleting process with WP schedule cron-job
- 🐛 FIX: Deleting cache issues if Yoast keyword is created/updated/deleted
- 🐛 FIX: Deleting cache issue if manual links are created/updated/deleted
- 🐛 FIX: Dropping custom table if setting option is checked to remove data
- 👌 IMPROVE: Updated Freemius to v2.5.6
- 👌 IMPROVE: Compatible check with WordPress v6.2
- 🐛 FIX: Security fix