Just install the plugin, activate it: You can now change a user’s role to “Moderator”, he can now moderate comments (all or only his), and only do this!
- Upload the “baw-moderator-role” folder into the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- You can now change a user’s role to “Moderator”, he can now moderate comments (all or only his see FAQ), and only do this!
- All moderators will receive an email when a non approved comment is awaiting moderation.
- See FAQ for filters/actions usage
- I just want my moderators can moderate their own comments, is this possible?
Yes, you can play with my filter named “allow_moderate_all_comments”, example of use (add this in your functions.php from theme folder):
add_filter( 'allow_moderate_all_comments', '__return_false' ); // This will remove the "all comments" moderation
1. or we can check a user meta to allow one user to be kind of “admin moderator”, example with a moderator user, with ID 123
return $GLOBALS[‘current_user’]->ID == 123;
add_filter( ‘allow_moderate_all_comments’, ‘check_moderator’ );
- I use a plugin that adds a page for comment stuff, this page is not here, you’re mean!
No worry, i’ve think about it!
Use the filter “allowed_moderator_menus” and add your plugins pages. Example of use:
function add_my_plugin_page_for_moderator_menu_this_function_got_a_very_long_name_damn_it( $pages )
$pages = __( ‘My plugin page menu name’, ‘plugin_context’ );
add_action( ‘allowed_moderator_menus’, ‘add_my_plugin_page_for_moderator_menu_this_function_got_a_very_long_name_damn_it’ );
- Ok, now i can see a plugin menu in my admin bar and i don’t want it!!
Same stuff! use this filter “baw_before_admin_bar_render”, example:
function remove_my_plugin_in_admin_bar( &$wp_admin_bar )
add_action( ‘baw_before_admin_bar_render’, ‘remove_my_plugin_in_admin_bar’ );
Contributors & Developers
“Moderator Role” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- 11 aug 2015
- 4.3 support
- 20 mar 2014
- Security fix: a die() was missing after the wp_redirect()
- Fix : Fatal error -> change a do_action + &$var for an apply_filters
- WordPress Coding Standard respect
- 23 oct 2012
- Security fix: User can not edit posts anymore, thanks to Antoine Peytavin pointing me this
- 17 jul 2012
- Bug fix (forgot which one)
- 11 jul 2012
- Add the pluggable function wp_notify_moderator() to add a filter on $email_to, this filter is now used to add all moderators.
- 14 mar 2012
- Bug fix when updating a comment with ajax (quick edit) (again) thanks to @lpointet pointing me that
- Bug fix when quick-replying a comment with ajax thanks to @lpointet pointing me that too
- 07 mar 2012
- Bug fix when updating a comment with ajax (quick edit)
- Add a new hook (See FAQ)
- Readme improved (so, read him)
- 07 mar 2012
- First release