Book Review Block enables you to add details ’such as title, author, cover image, star rating and more to all of your book reviews.
Book Review Block saves you valuable time when writing your reviews. No more copy and paste or manually entering the details of a book. Instead, you provide the ISBN, and the block automatically fills in information like title, author, and even the cover image.
Book Review Block adds Schema markup to the HTML. This can help increase site traffic by en’suring your Google search re’sults stand out from the rest.
This plugin provides 4 blocks.
- Book Review Add details such as title, author, cover image, star rating and more to your book reviews.
- Description Add a brief description of the book.
- Rating Add a star rating.
- Metadata Add book details such as title and author.
- In the editor, open the block inserter and search for Book Review Block.
- Click the Add Block button.
Contributors & Developers
“Book Review Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix: Broken description in editor
- Fix: Add whitespace around book cover
- New: Add block preview
- Tweak: Add description to parent block
- Tweak: Add more block keywords
- Tweak: Register scripts and styles instead of enqueueing them
- Tweak: Use block.json for block configuration
- Fix: Update block category of inner blocks
- New: Refactored to use inner blocks
- New: Added the ability to show labels for book metadata
- Tweak: Add help text to ISBN setting
- Fix: API Key not saving in some cases
- Fix: Broken rating on Twenty Twenty theme
- Fix: Add missing translation strings
- New: Get book details from Google Books API
- New: Add ’support for half-star ratings. Click once for full star or twice for half-star.
- Fix: Misalignment of block toolbar items
- New: Add book author, datePublished and numberOfPages to structured data
- Fix: Structured data error
- New: Create a separate “Book Review” block category
- New: Update icons for block and block category
- New: Deprecate version of block that previously stored attributes in post content
- Tweak: Simplify placeholder text displayed in editor
- Fix: HTML displaying in reviews
- Fix: Review not showing on front end
- Fix: style.css not loading in editor
- Fix: Error when editing ’summary
- Fix: Release Date not saving
- Fix: Gutenberg 4.5.0 compatibility
- New: Add ’support for rich snippets
- New: Provide upgrade path for migrating from the Book Review plugin
- Fix: Replace deprecated Gutenberg properties and component
- Fix: Gutenberg 4.0 compatibility
- Fix: Incorrect text saving when backspace key used
- Fix: Book cover extending outside parent element
- Fix: Address compatibility is’sues with Gutenberg
- New: Add drag and drop book cover uploads
- Initial release