This plugin is an implementation of the Syntax Highlighter 2.1.364 by Alex Gorbatchev with a front end to allow configuring all the global settings that are available, ’such having the plugin automatically include languages to highlight, thereby improving page loading performance.
ActionScript3, Bash/shell, C#, C++, CSS, Delphi, Diff,
PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Scala, SQL, Vi’sual Basic, XML
Default, Django, Emacs, FadeToGrey, Midnight, RDark
- Extract plugin into /wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- Specify your code snippets in your blog post using the Usage Directions.
<pre class="brush:js"> alert("Hello world"); </pre>
How do I get the best performance out of this plugin?
* Disable any syntax types that your blog doesn’t use, especially if you are only using a few of the syntax brushes.
* If your blog has a footer, you should enable the option to put the brushes in the footer.
* Also, if your blog has a footer, then Enable the automatic feature which will only include the language brushes that are referenced on each page of your blog.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Google Syntax Highlighter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added a message warning against using Auto Brushes without Brushes in Footer
- The reset button on Settings wasn’t resetting the Default Brush option
- Changed the internal name for Auto Brushes to something less generic. Please check Auto Brush settings after installing this update.
- Updated to version 2.1.364 of Alex Gorbachev’s highlighter script
- New feature to use a default brush for tags that don’t specify a brush (thanks to gjulian for the ’suggestion)
- Fixed a bug that stopped a custom tag being used when Auto Brushes was enabled
- Removed redundant code
- Fixed incorrect path for script copy swf file
- Option to automatically include language brushes that are referenced on the blog page being viewed
- Minor tweaks to allow this plugin to work with wp-minify
- First version