View how many people have downloaded what files from your site.
- Allows you to specify which file types to track.
- View top ten downloads.
- View this month’s downloads.
- View this week’s downloads.
- Use shortcode or a php function to display amount of times downloaded in the frontend of your site.
Install from wordpress plugins directory.
Else, to install manually:
- Upload the whole folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
15 di Avrîl dal 2023
This is a simple and useful plugin, as most built-in statistics do not track files in Wordpress. Unfortunately, it breaks the function of the Gutenberg File Download Button Block. Once the plugin is active, the file button does not trigger a PDF download anymore, but shows the PDF content inline inside the browser window. The link tag still has the attribute "download", but with no effect. If you do not use the Download button (it is optional), I don't see a problem. Nevertheless, a smart plugin, thank you!
Contributors & Developers
“Electric Studio Download Counter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Electric Studio Download Counter” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Bumping version number.
- Added ability to not track downloads based on IP address
- Moved code around to cater for how the options table stores options
- Removed console.log from js file that was causing errors
- Bumping version number.
- Fixing bug with image tracking.
- Fixing bug with not tracking if not logged in.
- Shout out to Svetlin Nakov for sending me fixes! Thanks, dude!
- Removed mentions of “derp” from the code. Although it is now a word according to the Oxford English Dictionary. Fact.
- Majox bugfix. Plugin now correctly counts downloads in WordPress versions 3.3 and up. Did not test below 3.3, use at your own risk.
- Minor bugfix due so it works on 3.5
- Complete rewrite of the plugin to sort out best practices and conform to WordPress coding standards
- resolved issues of “not working”. It does now.
- uses the same data, so update should be painless, but please, PLEASE, make a backup of your data
- to make a backup of your data, look at a plugin named ‘WP-DB-Backup’ (yes, I know it hasn’t been updated in 2 years, but it works perfectly.)
- Fixed notices that appeared in debugging mode
- Widget now included
- Code is now Object Orientated style to be consistant with our other plugins
- Nonces have been added for security on the AJAX functions
- Download Counter is now a menu page rather than an option page.
- Count Shortcode added [downloadcount link=”filename.txt”]. Users that want to build this into their template can do with
echo $esdc->get_count("filename.txt");– Thanks to ‘Biyan’ for suggesting this
- Fixed Jquery bug
- WordPress 3.3.1 compatible
- Searching for downloads between different dates are no longer limited to 30 results.
- Fixed ‘not counting bug’
- 2 Bug Fixes
- Search for Dates
- Beta version release.