Adds a sidebar widget that display from the astrological sky the ’sun sign, the moon sign and the moon phase. The plugin also display degrees for the ’sun sign, degrees for the moon sign and how old the moon is. It has options to display the signs and moon pictures large and small.
In addition of English, the plugin comes with various translations:
Translations credits go to Milly Rondèl for Dutch and Tamas Koos for Hungarian.
Please refer to the WordPress Codex for more information about activating the translation.
If you want to help translating the plugin to your language, please contact me. If you already know how to translate wordpress plugins, have a look at the moon-phases.pot file which contains all the definitions. You may use a gettext editor like Poedit for that purpose.
- Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /ephemeris/ folder and the files.
- Using an FTP program, upload the full /ephemeris/ folder to your WordPress plugins directory (Example: /wp-content/plugins).
- Go to Plugins > Installed and activate the plugin.
To add the widget: Go to Appearance > Widgets, add the widget to the sidebar of your choice and save.
To use the shortcode: Simply add [ephemeris] to your posts or your pages.
- I see differences with other websites. Why?
Calculations are done for the northern hemisphere in local time, so you may see differences with other websites as some of them display calculations in universal time (GMT). For example, Joe’s Web Tools server is in Los Angeles and display the correct calculations for pacific standard time (GMT-8).
- Is the plugin compatible with versions of WordPress ealier to 2.8?
No. Because of the new widget implementation, you need to use WordPress 2.8 or later. If you are using an earlier version of WordPress, you can try using Ephemeris version 1.1 but, really, you should upgrade.
- How can I ’support this plugin?
If you enjoy this plugin and would like to help with the development, please consider donating. Otherwise, spread the word, report bugs and give this plugin a good rating.
- How do I report a bug?
If you find any bugs with the plugin or if you have any ’suggestions, please go to the Ephemeris plugin homepage and leave a comment to let me know.
Contributors & Developers
“Ephemeris” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.8.1
- Changing calculation method from tropical to sidereal
- Integration of the Hungarian translation
- New WordPress 2.8 widget structure
- New [ephemeris] shortcode
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8.2
- Integration of the Dutch translation
- Integration of the French translation
- Initial release