Frontier Restrict Backend will restrict users from access to the backend (admin area)
- Users without the capability manage_options (Administrators) will not have access to the backend (admin area, and will be redirected to the home url).
- Frontier Restrict Backend allows AJAX call such as upload files, but restricted users will not be allowed to access the backend area.
- Access level chan be changed using a filter – Please see FAQ to allow authors and above to access the back end
- Frontier Post – Complete frontend management of posts
- Frontier Query – Display lists and groupings of posts in post/pages and widgets.
- Frontier Buttons – Full control of tinymce toolbars and buttons buttons
- Frontier Set Featured – Set featured image aut. based on post images
- Frontier Restrict Media – Restrict media access to users own media
- Frontier Restrict Backend – Restrict access to the backend (wp-admin)
- ftp the plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install it from plugin install on your site
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
You can change the level that Frontier Restrict Backend blocks, by applying a filter in your functions.php
Per default all other than admin users are blocked, see below example of how to allow Admins, Editors and Authors.
- manage_options = Administrators
- edit_others_posts = Editors
- publish_posts = Authors
- edit_posts = Contributors
- read = Subscribers
// ****- Set restrict to allow Author and above -****
The above mentioned capabilities that are allowed.
Contributors & Developers
“Frontier Restrict Backend” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Frontier Restrict Backend” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Frontier Restrict Backend” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested with WP 6.2
- Tested with PHP 8
- Tested with WP 5.8
- Tested with WP 5.4
- Tested with WP 5.2.2 and php 7.2.2
- Tested with 4.9
- Fixed issue with Featured image by allowing bypass for async-upload.php & admin-ajax.php
- Tested with 4.7
- Added option to control access level from filter – see FAQ .
- Tested with 4.5
- Readme update
- Removed error_log messages
- Initial release