Simple plugin which lets you manage Screen Options of all the users on your blog.
First set your own Screen Options and then clone them across all users with our plugin.
A huge time saver. Enjoy!
Note: Multisite is not supported very well, plugin doesn’t distinguish between individual blogs.
- Go to classic editor
1.2. Change visibility of some metaboxes
1.3. Go to Tools -> FV Clone Screen Options
1.4. Click on “Clone”
1.5. Go to another user and check if the metaboxes are hidden
1.6. Create new user
1.7. Check if the metaboxes are hidden
You can use the built in installer and upgrader, or you can install the plugin
What screens are being cloned?
For all the post types (including ‘link’, ‘dashboard’ and custom post types):
- Metabox visibility, position and open/closed state.
- Number of columns on editing screen.
- Number of items per page.
- Columns in the list of the items.
- WP admin panel menu open/closed state.
- Dashboard items.
What user meta values are being cloned?
Here’s a list of the basic and legacy items:
Also all of this for all the posts types (post, page, attachment, revision) plus ‘link’, ‘dashboard’ and all the custom post types:
Contributors & Developers
“FV Clone Screen Options” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Version 0.4 – 2019/06/12
- Fix for WordPress 5.2.1 user registrations
Version 0.3 – 2018/05/14
- Performance fix – properly detecting editor user roles rather than just skipping all subscribers
Version 0.2.5 – 2017/07/03
- Hotfix for Multisite – plugin was adding unnecessary usermeta for all new users, regardless of user role.
Version 0.2.4 – 2016/05/16
- Fix for sites with thousands of users
Version 0.2.3 – 2016/03/01
- Fix for PHP warnings caused by new WordPress version.
Version 0.2.2 – 2010/07/11
- Added support of WP 3.0 post types
- Added support for link and media manager
- Added sepparate button for just saving the settings for new users
Version 0.2.1 – 2010/06/17
- Added support for list of posts and pages (Post -> Edit and Pages -> Edit)
Version 0.2 – 2010/02/26
- Custom Screen Options configuration interface was removed.
- All the standard WordPress Screen Options configuration panels are used, so plugin is easier to use.
- Works with post, page and dashboard screens.
Version 0.1 – 2010/02/10
- Plugin has its own interface for configuring Screen Options.
- Support only for post screen.