Level Playing Field allows businesses and organizations to easily list jobs on a WordPress website and receive anonymized job applications with all identifiable applicant information hidden. Hiring managers can review applicants without seeing proven unconscious bias factors. Employers can message potential candidates and schedule interviews anonymously. After an interview is scheduled and confirmed, the applicant’s information is revealed. This process gives people an opportunity to show their skills and strengths based on merit alone.
Level Playing Field is a tool that can help companies and nonprofits hire truly based on merit while providing more opportunities to people from diverse communities.
Upgrade to Level Playing Field Pro for unlimited job listings and great enhanced features!
- Create up to four job listings and easily add them to pages or posts with blocks or shortcodes.
- Build job application forms that include basic applicant information, education, skills, languages, experience and volunteer work.
- Review applicants’ skills and qualifications with all personal information hidden via an admin dashboard.
- Mark Applicants as yes / no / maybe for easy review.
- Anonymously message applicants and schedule and interview via the Applicant admin.
- View applicant personal information after an interview is scheduled and confirmed.
- Download the plugin .zip file and make note of where you downloaded the file on your computer.
- In the WordPress admin (yourdomain.com/wp-admin) go to Plugins > Add New or click the “Add New” button on the main plugins screen.
- On the following screen, click the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Browse your computer to where you downloaded the plugin .zip file, select it, and click the “Install Now” button.
- After the plugin has successfully installed, click “Activate Plugin” and enjoy!
Why anonymize job applications?
Scientifically proven bias based on name, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age and other factors during the hiring process, has created a lack of diversity in various industries. This creates homogeneous teams and has a negative impact on productivity, corporate culture and profits. Hiding information that gives away an applicant’s ethnicity, gender, age and other factors allows hiring managers to bring in applicants based purely on skills and qualifications.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Level Playing Field” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Level Playing Field” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
For the full changelog, visit the development repository on GitHub
- Renamed the main plugin file to match the wordpress.org plugin slug. Note this will cause the plugin to need to be reactivated.
- Added the proper version strings in all PHP docblocks.
- Added more development enhancements.
- Initial Release