“Markdeep is ideal for design documents, specifications, README files, code documentation, lab reports, blogs, and technical web pages. Because the source is plain text, Markdeep works well with software development toolchains.”
This plugin adds a gutenberg block supporting the markdeep language. The editor shows both a plaintext
area for composing the text, and a preview area to display the rendered block.
MathJax & CDN
MathJax.org does not collect, maintain, distribute, purchase, or sell personal data of any kind, and uses no cookies or other tracking
or advertising techniques.
Likewise, the MathJax software does not track you, and uses local storage only to maintain your preferences as set by the MathJax contextual menu.
This CDN can be changed with a one-line script. (Alternately, use the WordPress plugin file editor to uncomment a similar line in
markdeep-block.php). In the future this should be an exposed configuration option.
To override the CDN use:
// Markdeep currently uses version 2.7.6
add_filter( ‘markdeepblock_mathjax_url’, fn($u) => ‘https://firstname.lastname@example.org/unpacked/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML’ );
- UI to configure CDN for JS resources (Markdeep, MathJax).
- Configurable style per block.
- Drop-down style selection of styles (globally & per-block).
- Get MathJax commands working in editor. (MathJax currently works in posts).
- Markdeep specific LaTeX/MathJax macros. (e.g. θ₀, θ₁, etc.)
- Configurable MathJax macros.
- Optional Table of Contents (currently suppressed)
The logo is derived from Dustin Curtis’s https://github.com/dcurtis/markdown-mark.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Markdeep Block Markdeep Block is a WordPress plugin for adding Gutenberg blocks supporting Markdeep syntax.
This plugin can be installed through the normal processes: the WordPress plugin directory, (hopefully) the WordPress block
directory, and a manual installation.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/markdeep-blockdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
Can you make diagrams with this?
Yes, in fact it’s all done with text! See the markdeep site for specific
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Markdeep Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update to markdeep 1.15