With Menu In Post, you can create shortcodes to display menus as hyperlinked lists or dropdowns in posts, pages, and shortcode widgets. Menus are easier to manage through the WordPress user interface (UI) than a list of links. You can update a menu in one place (Appearance > Menus) and it will be updated everywhere you have added a Menu In Post shortcode for it.
- Admin UI in Tools for quickly building shortcodes
- Display menus as lists or drop-downs
- Configurable depth-level for ’submenus
- Configurable ordering (via WordPress Menus UI)
- Set optional IDs and/or classes to menu containers and lists
- Append a text string to the URL of all menu items
- Compatible up to PHP 8.1
- In WordPress Admin, look on the ‘Tools’ menu for Menu In Post Tools.
- Use Menu In Post Tools’ Shortcode Builder to build your menu shortcodes.
- Copy the menu shortcode and paste it into a Shortcode Block in the Gutenberg editor in a page, post or widget.
Menu In Post does not:
- track users by stealth
- write personal user data to the database
- send data to external servers
You can translate Menu In Post on translate.wordpress.org.
- Upload the entire
menu-in-postfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
You will find a ‘Menu In Post’ menu in your WordPress admin Tools panel after installation and activation.
Contributors & Developers
“Menu In Post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Menu In Post” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed deprecation notice for optional parameters preceding required parameters in PHP 8.x.
- Add selected attribute to drop-down option if current page. Thanks to @oliveirataquari for the request and @kojotkk for the code ’suggestion.
- PHP clean-up.
- Verify compatibility with PHP 8.0.
- CSS improvements for cleaner display of Tools Page.
- Added append to URL feature for anchors and/or variables.
- Added configurable placeholder text attribute to shortcode for dropdown-style menus.
- Added Copy Shortcode button. Minor admin CSS cleanup.
- Add backward compatibility for shortcodes with no style specified to default to list.
- Added the option of selecting a menu style, either the default unordered list of links or a dropdown. Thanks to kingfisher64 for the ’suggestion.
- Minor code cleanup.
- Initial release.