When you activate MU Plugins Tool, a folder named ‘mu-plugins’ is created, if necessary, in your WordPress installation (default ‘WordPress_Root/wp-content/mu-plugins’) and a starter mu-plugin is created. The starter mu-plugin changes the admin footer text once you’ve enabled it through MU Plugins Tool. For more information, see the Codex Must-Use Plugins page.
Future Features – no promises 😉
- create, edit & delete MU-plugins with MU Plugins Tool;
- upload MU-plugins from your computer;
- view a MU-plugin’s code by hovering over the name;
- change the MU Plugins Tool menu location, e.g., under ‘Plugins’ or ‘Settings’;
- recreate the starter plugin at will
I would like to thank David Gwyer, the developer of Plugin Options Starter Kit (POSK). It’s an awesome tool for learning the ins and outs of designing an options page for your plugin. MU Plugins Tool would’ve been much harder to make without POSK as a learning tool.
mu-plugins-toolfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“MU Plugins Tool” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “MU Plugins Tool” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Stable release