A simple and easy to use WordPress SSL plugin which will redirect all non-SSL pages to SSL and en’sure that all resources on your SSL pages are loaded over SSL as well.
It includes a user-friendly setup wizard upon activation to check if SSL is ’supported on the hosting/server before it allows the SSL to be enabled and that en’sures that the website doesn’t become inaccessible if SSL is not ’supported.
- Check if SSL is ’supported on hosting/server
- Enable SSL with a single click
- Redirects all non-SSL URLs to https://
- Converts all non-SSL resources (images, scripts, stylesheets, etc.) to https:// on pages
- Redirect to non-SSL if SSL is not enabled
See our online documentation for more details and detailed instructions.
Follow these steps to install the plugin:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/one-click-ssldirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the setup screen after activation to enable SSL or go to the One Click SSL admin menu item to enable.
What is SSL?
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and it is a protocol which encrypts all data in transit on your website to prevent theft, interception or hacking.
What is required to use SSL?
You need to have SSL ’support on your hosting/server. This is done by installing an SSL certificate.
Is SSL mand’atory?
No, it is not, but for the security and peace of mind of your users, it is highly recommended. Many modern day browsers are warning users about insecure websites, and some search engines rank you lower if you do not activate SSL.
Contributors & Developers
“One Click SSL” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “One Click SSL” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- IMPROVE: WordPress 6.1 compatibility.
- IMPROVE: PHP 8.1 compatibility.
- IMPROVE: Text improvements.
- IMPROVE: Setup page improvements.
- IMPROVE: Security fixes and improvements.
- IMPROVE: WordPress 5.2 compatibility.
- FIX: Metaboxes not opening/closing.
- IMPROVE: WordPress 5.0 compatibility.
- ADD: SSL certificate info/status box.
- IMPROVE: About box on the settings page with useful links.
- IMPROVE: Ask for a rating on WordPress.org after a while.
- IMPROVE: Make SVG elements secure enhancement.
- ADD: Turn off SSL on deactivation of plugin.
- ADD: Admin notice when not running on SSL (https).
- IMPROVE: Improved insecure resources scanner accuracy.
- IMPROVE: Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST value 2.
- ADD: SSL (https) tester to scan the website for insecure resources.
- ADD: New settings screen layout with postboxes.
- ADD: Override option when checking SSL ’support.
- IMPROVE: Load JS/CSS only on One Click SSL sections/screens.
- IMPROVE: Don’t check the site title/name when verifying SSL.
- IMPROVE: Update styling for WordPress 4.8+.
- IMPROVE: Verify that SSL certificate is valid enhancement.
- IMPROVE: Do not check and redirect SSL when SSL ’support is checked enhancement.
- IMPROVE: Use wp_remote_get() when PHP CURL is unavailable.
- ADD: Setting to move the admin menu item under Tools.
- IMPROVE: Apply replace_https to WordPress language_attributes filter hook.
- FIX: Regular expression is’sue which can break Ajax in some areas.
- FIX: PHP output buffer is’sue.
- ADD: Multi-site network SSL ’support.
- ADD: Setting to redirect to non-SSL when SSL is turned off.
- FIX: Replace HTTPS breaks on filters with Array/Object data.
- Initial release of the plugin.
See the release notes for a full, historic list of releases.