Audit and update your WordPress website for ADA, Section 508 and WCAG Compliance in just minutes!
Get detailed reports any developer can use to update your website. No accessibility knowledge needed!
We’ve spent years developing a ’suite of tools so you can do in just a few minutes what used to take compliance experts months – without needing to know the ins-and-outs of Section 508 or WCAG compliance.
Whether you’re new to accessibility or are a compliance expert, this plugin is for you.
Think of the time and money you’ll save and the peace of mind you’ll get knowing that your site has been thoroughly audited for all elements in violation of accessibility compliance and that you have been presented with the exact steps you need to take to achieve compliance.
The most comprehensive ADA accessibility and WCAG compliance audit and reports available. Streamlines website accessibility updates right from the dashboard.
Download it, try it, and please give us a review on the WP Directory.
✔ Full Color Blindness Report
✔ New drastically improved user interface
✔ Filter option for WCAG A, AA, and 508 errors
✔ Downloadable CSV Report for agencies to create work estimates
✔ Now audits in the cloud to save your server resources
✔ Compliance ’summary with site grading
✔ Makes site updates even easier
Contributors & Developers
“Accessibility Suite by Online ADA” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
– Fixed plugin version number
– Bug fix: Resolved JS conflict which caused audits to hang,
– Tested up to WordPress version 6.1
– Tested up to PHP 8.1
– Bug Fix: Added the hiding of rows and sections when filtering on the false positives tab within the audit report.
– Bug Fix: Is’sue rows on the second tab of the audit report now correctly hide when the filte’s are used.
– Bug Fix: Report sections now correctly hide when all of the children rows have been hidden when using filters
– Tested up to WordPress version 5.5
– Feature: Added videos to articles on the guidelines page
– Bug Fix: More bug fixes related to sitemap generation.
– Bug Fix: Fixed a bug caused by that last update with the license page missing and duplicated menu items.
– Bug Fix: Now localizing the current screen into our own variable in the event the admin global “pagenow” is not available
– Feature: Added the ability to mark is’sues within the report as false positives. Is’sues that are marked as false positives will no longer display under “View by Page” and “View by Is’sue” but will now instead have their own tab. Additionally, any is’sue marked as a false positive will be omitted from the downloaded report.
– Bug Fix: Fixed an is’sue with the scan parsing off the query parameters from sitemap pages
– Bug Fix: Changed the numbering of audited pages to make more sense by starting at 1 instead of 0
– Merged the Pro and Free plugins into 1 plugin and eliminated the need for 2 plugins. When a valid license is entered into the free plugin it will automatically switch over to Pro!
– Bug Fix: Fixed an is’sue for some users where the scan would immediately finish instead of going through each page of the sitemap
– Verbiage: Changed the verbiage from “Scan” to “Audit”
– Bug Fix: Fixed an error that appeared at the top of the report referring to a non-existant index of 2.2.0
– Bug Fix: Fixed a bug with processing audit re’sults from the database that caused no re’sults to return on the audit report page for some users
– Updated the Unlock Full Audit link destination
– Bug Fix: Fixed a bug with certain 2.1 article descriptions not parsing correctly which caused a JS crash in the report.
– Bug Fix: CSV Reports have been optimized and should no longer crash on very large sites
– Performance: Enhanced the performance of loading the report script
– Verbiage: Changes to some of the language around the plugin
– We’ve updated the way the report filter works. The Errors and Warnings filters now act as global filters. Checking either of them will hide ALL of those types. The rest of the filters will also now filter all of those is’sues if they don’t share a flag with other is’sues, not including the global Errors and Warnings. For example, if an is’sue has Warning and Contrast, unchecking Contrast filter would hide this is’sue even though alerts are still checked and vice-versa.
– When is’sues get filtered, if the page has no unfiltered is’sues to show that page now hides from pagination and reappears when its is’sues get unfiltered. This will save a bunch of time scrolling through pages and should make managing reports much easier!
– Bug Fix: Fixed a bug causing the “Upgrade To Pro” banner to always show even if the license key was valid
– Bug Fix: Small fix to helper class syntax
– Complete overhaul of the auditing logic. The audit now provides a far more robust logic for checking against WCAG violations.
– Foundational ’support for pro version sitemap bug fix
– Bug fix: fixed an is’sue with backwards compatability on audits older than June 12th.
– Changed verbiage of “Warnings” to “Alerts” and changed the way the star rating score is computed.
– Removed the warning about empty alt attributes and images with role=”presentation”, as these are non-is’sues and not worth having on a report
– Utility: Added ’support for the pro version of the Alt Tag Manager
– Bug fix: Fixed an is’sue with the audit report not loading when no re’sults were found.
– Minor: Fixed some grammar is’sues, minor css changes
– Bug fix: Fixed the “Upgrade to pro” banner not dismissing properly
– Bug fix: Fixed an is’sue with the CSV report that arose after the performance restructuring
– Bug fix: Removed reliance of php extension mb-string by utilizing symfony/polyfill-mbstring. This will fix the error “Call to undefined function mb_convert_encoding()” for users who do not have mb-string php extension
– Performance: Restructured the audit reports page to utilize Vue.js instead of straight jQuery, as well as redesigned the way the audit re’sults were being front-loaded. In combination with the new pagination, the amount of re’sults displayed to the page at once has been greatly reduced. This has a big impact on memory usage for the browser
– Feature: New pagination system in the audit reports. No more giant lists of re’sults to scroll through!
– Upgrade: Changed the snapshot feature and the colorblind report to both match the new way that audit re’sults divides the data into chunks. This is to avoid the dreaded 413 “Request Entity Too Large” error for some users.
– Security: Beefed up the security on our ajax endpoints.
– Bugfix: Further refined the logic for comparing website domains to the pages and posts permalinks in the sitemap.
– Bug fix: Fixed is’sue with wordpress installations in ’subdirectories not comparing properly in the sitemap and CSV download path
– Security: Made ajax calls more secure and closed a potential exploit
– Bugfix: Fixed situation where sometimes if a query link was the first item in the sitemap list, the audit would get stuck on the current page being the query page
– Bugfix: Fixed logic for combining sitemap pages into 1 list when there are no non-query links
– Bugfix: Removed an added slash in the regex pattern for the link to a background image in the audit report contrast section
– Bugfix: Changed the logic for comparing pages to the domain from site_url(), which sometimes returned a different re’sult than what page/post urls used, to a regex pattern, which always grabs the base domain. This mainly affected users whose wordpress installation was inside a custom folder path.
– Bugfix: Fixed a message that appeared on multisites where the plugin should be dormant.
– Bugfix: Fixed the “Undefined index: edit.php?post_type=wcag_scan” error message that appeared for non-admins
– Upgrade: Changed the way the audit saves report data. Everything now gets divided into chunks so that the query to the database is much lighter and more efficient.
– Feature: Added demonstration video to plugin description