PiwigoMedia WordPress plugin features integration between Piwigo sites and WordPress, using the TinyMCE editor.
The main advantages of PiwigoMedia are:
- Simplicity. Simple to use and configure
- No duplicated media. Images are linked from Piwigo’s site, nothing is imported into WordPress
- Independency. WordPress and Piwigo don’t have to be installed on the same server since PiwigoMedia uses Piwigo’s webapi
- Unpack PiwigoMedia’s zip file inside
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure PiwigoMedia. Go to ‘Settings/PiwigoMedia’ page in WordPress administration.
- Access PiwigoMedia functionality using WordPress’ wysiwyg editor
- How to use shortcodes?
pwg-image – display a single image:
[pwg-image site=”http://…” id=”IMAGE_ID”]
pwg-category – display any number of images from a category:
[pwg-category site=”http://…” id=”CATEGORY_ID” images=”NUMBER_OF_IMAGES_TO_DISPLAY” page=”PAGE_INDEX”]
pwg-gallery – display Piwigo categories as inline galleries:
[pwg-gallery site=”http://…” id=”CATEGORY_ID” images=”NUMBER_OF_IMAGES_TO_DISPLAY” page=”PAGE_INDEX” height=”GALLERY_HEIGHT”]
- Which versions of Piwigo are supported?
Since PiwigoMedia v1.9.0 only Piwigo v2.0 and upper were tested.
Contributors & Developers
“PiwigoMedia” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- updated: category list is now sorted
- updated: pot file
- updated: GET timeout increased from 4 to 10 seconds
- updated: new images for footer links
- updated: images are now stored in their own directory img/
- updated: angularjs and jquery js files are now available in js/ instead of google api hosting
- fixed: image type and link to translations were not being used
- new: prepare script to prepare version updates
- new: it is now possible to insert pwg_image shortcode using UI
- new: Major rewrite. PiwigoMedia now uses AngularJS and Bootstrap.
- update: UI completely changed. Cleaner and more responsive interface.
- updated: pot file was updated with new strings.
- updated: it is now possible to make a selection from multiple Piwigo sites.
- updated: shortcodes but pwm_gallery are working again.
- update: fixed a nasty bug in pagination/navigation.
- update: added Piwigo 2.6.1 compatibility.
- update: UI bugs fixed.
- update: more feedback messages when something goes wrong.
- update: Fixed full image urls.
- update: Disabled PiwigoMedia’s Widget as it was causing issues on some installations.
- update: pwg-gallery shortcode now has links to xxlarge image and image name is displayed in info box.
- new: pwg-gallery shortcode. This shortcode uses Galleria JS library (http://galleria.io/) to display Piwigo categories as inline galleries.
- update: curl requests are now configured to bypass peer verification. This solves the problem with self-signed certificates.
- new: WP shortcodes are now available: pwg-image and pwg-category.
- new: PiwigoMedia Widget. Display Piwigo images inside a widget. This is an EXPERIMENTAL feature and it’s very basic at the moment.
- update: fix to pwm_curl_get(). Some users were experiencing problems with the query built inside this function.
- update: permission check now relies on the user being logged on.
- Major update: Most of the plugin’s core has been rewritten to use jQuery.
- new: it is now possible to make image selections from multiple pages from the same category.
- update: string “Loading…” added to pot file.
- update: compatibility with Piwigo 2.4.3
- update: updated JS code to make it work with IE8 (but needs more testing).
- update: “Thumbnail” and “Insert:” were missing in POT.
- update: better security checks in popup.php.
- new: French (fr_FR) translation (Dimitri Robert).
- new: option to insert full images.
- update: Deutsch (de_DE), Swedish (sv_SE) and Italian (it_IT) translations added (thanks to their authors!).
- update: Turkish (tr) and Hungarian (hu_HU) translations are up-to-date (thanks to original authors).
- new: support for multiple Piwigo sites.
- new: new text added. translations need update (hu_HU, tr).
- update: improved UI.
- update: POT file updated.
- new: Hungarian (hu_HU) translation added (thanks to samli).
- new: Portuguese (pt_PT) translation added (thanks to me ;-p).
- new: Turkish translation added (thanks to Nakre).
- update: POT file updated.
- update: removed “Web service script” configuration (ws.php is always used).
- new: i18n support added.
- new: POT template for translators.
- update: reorganization of tinymce/.
- update: unused files cleaned.
- update: user capabilities checks added to popup.
- update: UI updated (a little more compact)
- update: code cleanup
- new: initial error handling.
- new: Piwigo Webservice URL setting has been split into two fields: Piwigo URL + Web service script
- Better navigation, using breadcrumb for Categories and pages numbers for Images
- Little cleaner code
- New name (PiwigoMedia) and new icon for TinyMCE UI
- Reasonable stable version. This is the first import into WordPress SVN.