Provides the facility to automatically create a post when an image is uploaded to the WordPress media gallery.
The uploaded image can become the post’s featured image and some information about the image (such as EXIF data), or the image itself, can automatically be set in post’s content.
If the image provides its GPS coordinates, a Google map displaying its location can be added as well.
The image’s XMP keywords can be set as the post’s tags and a set of categories can be associated to it too.
The format of the generated post can be selected, if the theme in use supports it.
Useful for photo blog or where there is a large number of image posting in a wordpress driven site.
Originally inspired by Auto Post After Image Upload, https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-post-after-image-upload/
Some code sketches to handle XMP data have been excerpted from Jean-Sebastien Morisset, http://surniaulula.com/
More credits are reported inside the code.
Project BitBucket URL: http://bitbucket.org/starnutoditopo/post-a-pic/
Get the source code with Mercurial from: ssh://email@example.com/starnutoditopo/post-a-pic
To Install this plugin there is no any complexity. It’s very simple like other plugin. Just follow the procedure described below.
- Download the plugin from WordPress Plugin repository. After downloading the zip file extract it.
Post-a-picplugin directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In WordPress dashboards, select Settings, Post-a-pic to access the plugin options. Select the options you want to enable and click “Save changes”.
- Upload an image from ‘Add Media’ menu in WordPress. Then go to ‘All Post’ menu and see after uploading that image there will be a new post related to the image you uploaded.
- This is useful for creating bulk post?
Yes, it is. The main intention to create this plugin to use where user need bulk image posting and creating post.
Contributors & Developers
“Post-a-pic” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Post-a-pic” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release
- Bug fixes in case of missing GPS coordinates
- Showing properties in a table
- Added capability to display Google map
- Bug fixes in case of missing image meta data
- Removed some irrelevant information
- Added capability to include XMP keywords as tags
- Added capability to set categories
- Added capability to set post format