Despite two plugins already on wordpress.org I decided to write my own from scratch. The re’sult is a minimalistic but powerful plugin with only ~250 lines of PHP.
- Supports every possible Prism configuration.
- Adds TinyMCE dropdown lost for
<code class="language-xxx"> and <pre class="language-xxx">for bash, css, js, markup, php, scss. (I can make a filter if you want to add more.)
- Does not load prism on every page, only when needed.
- Supports automatic detection of prism HTML.
- Supports displaying code from custom fields with
- Developers may use the
prismhandle to enqueue the pre-registered script and style.
- Has admin editor button for quick shortcode template snippet.
- Has no options page by design.
- Read more -> Prism Syntax Highlighter for WordPress
Bundled Prism Version (2016-09-17)
- Sass (Scss)
- Line Highlight
- Line Numbers
- WebPlatform Docs
- Show Language
No idea how.
- Will the data mining ever end?
What data mining?
Contributors & Developers
“Prism Syntax Highlighter for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Prism Syntax Highlighter for WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.1.0 – 2016-09-18
- Updated bundled prism.js.
- Added quotes to the shortcode included with the buttin click.
- Always scan archives, abodon the define switch.
- Added TinyMCE dropdown styles to style
<pre>tags with language-xxx classes.
- Added SVG icon for plugin installer
- Updated bundled Prism version
- Fix: Missing data-manual output
- Improved: WTFAQ
- Fix: Screenshots