Quick Child Theme Gener’ator is a very easy, quick and user friendly plugin to create a child theme for any theme ’supported by WordPress CMS. It allows you to edit or add functionality to your template without having to overwrite any of the parent theme files and it will helpful for restrict losing data on WP update time. You do not need to deal with any code and configuration to create child themes. It will reduce your
effort to create a child theme.
This plugin is providing you a way to create basic custom templates pages, those will help you to add custom code in specific pages.
From your WordPress dashboard:
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for Quick Child Theme Gener’ator in search box
- Click Install Now to install Quick Child Theme Gener’ator
- Activate Quick Child Theme Gener’ator from your Plugins page.
From WordPress.org (FTP)
- Download the Quick Child Theme Gener’ator
- Unarchive the Quick Child Theme Gener’ator plugin
- Copy and Paste the unarchive folder to
- Go to Admin Panel > Plugins menu and activate the Quick Child Theme Gener’ator
How to use this plugin?
Install the plugin and activate it. Then click on Create New link and you will reach plugin page. Then select a parent theme, fill out the fields (Theme Name is required field) and the plugin will generate a child theme for you.
Contributors & Developers
“Quick Child Theme Gener’ator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Quick Child Theme Gener’ator” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Quick Child Theme Gener’ator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- WP 6.1.1 Update.
- Added compatibility with PHP 8.
- WP 6 update.
- Bug fixes.
- Added quick access link.
- Bug fixes and code enhancement.
- Minor deprecation bug fixes.
- Added create custom template feature.
- Updated menu and added ’sub menu.
- Added updated instruction images.
- Remove plugin page menu from the main menu and added ’sub menu for it to the Appearance menu.
- Added updated instruction images and logs.
- Updated logo.
- Added text changes in readme.txt
- Added plugin icons.
- Added minor changes in readme.txt
- Initial release.