Random Tag Cloud allows you to display your site’s tags. It works just like a regular tags cloud, but you can customize it. If you set, it gets your tags by selecting randomly.
Of course, you can set other settings; font sizes, number of tags to display, how to order etc.
Now, you can add a link to your tags archive page by writing its ID. It adds a ‘Show All Tags’ link.
Widget’s options allow you to change your tag cloud’s displaying.
Your tag cloud’s title on your sidebar.
Number of Tags
Controls the total number of tags in your cloud.
What unit to use for font sizes.
Smallest Font Size
Tags will be displayed no smaller than this value.
Largest Font Size
Tags will be displayed no larger that this value.
How to display the cloud.
Select Tags Randomly
Select your tags randomly from database.
What field to sort by.
Direction of sort.
These tags won’t display in cloud.
Only these tags will display in cloud.
Your Tags Page ID
If you want to add a link to your tags archive page, write its page id.
You can format ‘Show All Tags’ link by adding ‘alltags_link’ class in your style.css.
Compatible up to 2.7
Add an option to add ‘Show All Tags’ link.
- Initial release version.
- Make ’sure you are running WordPress version 2.3 or better. It won’t work with older versions. Really.
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the ‘random-tags-cloud-widget’ folder or ‘random-tags-cloud.php’ to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘plugins’ page in WP.
- See ‘Design’->’Widgets’ to place it on your sidebar. Set the settings.
- How can I set it to select tags randomly?
Select checkbox on widget’s settings called ‘Select Tags Randomly’.
More info here.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Random Tags Cloud Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Random Tags Cloud Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.