Allows tweaking of several REST API settings
- Disable the REST API
- Remove WordPress core endpoints
- Require authentication for core endpoints
- Force SSL
- WP-CLI commands: wp rest-api-toolbox
Find us on GitHub at https://github.com/petenelson/wp-rest-api-toolbox
(Creative commons toolbox image provided by James Tworow https://www.flickr.com/photos/sherlock77/)
- Upload rest-api-toolbox to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the Settings -> REST API Toolbox page to customize
Have any questions? We can answer them here?
Contributors & Developers
“REST API Toolbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.4.3 March 25th, 2021
- No longer check for SSL when running any WP-CLI commands.
1.4.2 February 13th, 2017
- Fixed bug in requiring authentication for endpoints that accessed specific items (ex: /wp/v2/users/1)
1.4.1 January 16th, 2017
- Added settings ’support for No Custom Post Types
- Fixed undefined variable notice (props @funkolector)
1.4.0 January 13th, 2017
- Added ’support for removing or requiring authentication for custom post types.
- Updated Settings UI for better clarity.
- Added link to settings page from the plugins list page.
1.3.0 December 12th, 2016
- Added option to require authentication for core endpoints.
1.2.0 December 5th, 2016
- Updated the way the REST API can be disabled due to the rest_enabled filter being deprecated.
- Added ‘settings’ to the list of core endpoints that can be removed.
- Added CLI command: wp rest-api-toolbox status
1.1.0 April 16, 2016
- Change REST API prefix
- Remove specific core endpoints
- Disable JSONP
1.0.0 April 15, 2016
- Initial release