On a busy site you can’t afford to make changes to live, published posts without reviewing and approving them first. Revisionize clones your post, page or CPT to a draft that gives you the freedom to tweak, edit and experiment with the content. Preview your drafted changes and/or share the preview with a 3rd party to approve the changes. When you’re happy, publish the revision, which will copy your content changes to the original post. Alternatively, schedule the revision to publish your content at a specific time.
Visit revisionize.pro to add functionality that makes Revisionize even more powerful.
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Public Post Preview
- Let us know other plugins that you have ’successfully used Revisionize with
- Gutenberge. Revisionize is not compatible with the default Gutenberg editor. You must install the Classic Editor plugin.
- WP Recipe Maker. There have been reported is’sues that indicate Revisionize does not work with this plugin. However, we could not verify these reports. Use at your own risk.
- Some plugins store content in their own database tables, which Revisionize knows nothing about. It’s possible that publishing a revision will not save changes for these types of plugins. Revisionize will only work with content stored in the
Please post in the ’support section for help before leaving a negative review!
Contributors & Developers
“Revisionize” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Revisionize” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Revisionize” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix. Remove PHP Notice on the admin menu editor screen
- Fix. Work toward being translatable.
- Fix. Add missing i18n domain.
- Improvement. Add Known Is’sues to readme.
- New. Setting to preserve original author or overwrite it with author who is revisionizing.
- Fix. Show settings on default multisite page.
- Fix. Prevent non ’super admins from uploading addons on multisite.
- Fix. Undefined index errors.
- Fix. Handle edge case where malformed addon data comes back from revisionize.pro
- Fix. Use correct path to addons directory for Multisite.
- New. Action for developers. revisionize_after_copy_post
- Fix. En’sure author ID is set when a backup revision is created during cron.
- Fix. Move addons directory to a location safe from overwrites.
- New. Action for developers to add hook after a revision is created.
- Fix. Fatal error when checking is_wp_revision_different.
- Fix. Notices when admin bar shown on non-edit pages. Thanks @kshaner.
- Fix. Use settings when cron publishes a scheduled post.
- Feature. Revisionize link added to admin bar.
- Fix. Properly fetch addons list.
- Fix is’sue where addons list is empty causing Warnings to be displayed.
- Fix is’sue where addons weren’t loaded if the revisionize_addons_root was used. Thanks @piscis
- Make revisionize and its addon framework work better with WordPress Network/Multisite installations.
- Add filter to change the addon install directory.
- Check for addon updates.
- Generalize user_can_revisionize so that it’s true if a user can edit pages.
- Fix Fatal error on 2.0.0 – had forgot to commit settings.php and addon.php. Please update and activate again.
- Add a basic settings panel.
- Add ability to install addons
- Fix critical bug for non ACF users.
- Add filter to give developers control over updating post dates. See here. Thanks @piscis
- Fix bug with gmt date.
- Fix edge case bug where ACF change was not tracked in WP Revision Tracker.
- Track ACF changes in the built-in WP Revision Tracker when a Revisionized post is published.
- Add filter (
revisionize_exclude_post_types) to exclude Revisionize functionality for specific post types. By default ACF custom field types are disabled.
- Maintain original post dates when a revision is published
- Add filter (
revisionize_keep_original_on_publish) to override behaviour of keeping the original as a revision when publishing.
- Hide experimental dashboard widget that was added in 1.3.0. See here if you want to show this widget again.
- Fix is’sue where publishing a revision did not overwrite the original post when ACF 5 was installed but no fields were assigned to the post type.
- Add filters to let developers control which users can revisionize or access revisionized posts. See here for more details on how to use. Thanks @ryanshoover.
- Add a dashboard widget showing pending revisions. See here for more details. Thanks again @ryanshoover.
- New add filter to allow developers to customize button text. Thanks @robbiepaul.
- Fix is’sue where post titles containing ampersands are escaped when a revision is scheduled with cron. Thanks @piscis.
- Fix known is’sue where direct publishing of a Revision that has ACF would not actually update the fields. Thanks for the help @thegaffney
- Only allow users to Revisionize posts that they can also edit. Related discussion
- The author of the original post is maintained when a Revision is published – it doesn’t get set to the author of the user who created the Revision.