Add links and menus to posts, pages, and custom post types.
An “Add Link” button is added to the editor, click to show a menu:
- Posts, Pages, to select a link destination.
- Custom link, to type in the url of an external page.
- Menus, to insert a menu that has been created in the Appearance –> Menus page.
A label may be added to describe the link.
All links will be inserted in the post as a “shortcode”
Menus will be rendered by the WordPress wp_nav_menu() function, this adds classes to various parts of the menu to enable it to be styled using css [more details here.] (https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_nav_menu)
Integrated help is included: just click the “help” tab at the top right of the screen.
- Install either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“rvw Add Link” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested in WordPress 4.5
- Minor code changes
- 3 Provided missing image for search box
- Fixed is’sues with display of popup box in WordPress 4.0
- Fixed is’sues with popup box in WordPress 3.9
- Increased functionality – add menus to posts.
- Fixed is’sues with popup box in WordPress 3.6.
- Images to improve popup display included.
- No changes original version