Create beautiful and engaging online courses, lessons, and quizzes.
Sensei LMS is a teaching and learning management plugin built by Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack. In fact, Sensei LMS is used to power all of Automattic’s employee training and courses too.
Your knowledge is worth teaching – teach freely with Sensei LMS!
Powerful LMS Features
- Integrates seamlessly with your WordPress site, and courses look great with any theme.
- Track student progress and performance with detailed reports.
- Craft engaging lessons with no code required.
- Embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and VideoPress for video-based courses.
- Add the Course List block to any page or post to display available courses.
- Customize the look and feel to match your branding and site style.
- Enable the optional Learning Mode for a distraction free and immersive learning experience.
Quizzes That Reinforce
Leverage the power of quizzes to strengthen your students’ understanding of key concepts and evaluate their progress.
Choose from many question types and quiz settings, including multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, true/false, free response, file uploads, and more.
Get More with Sensei Pro
Do more and sell courses with Sensei Pro, which includes:
WooCommerce Integration: Set a price and sell courses with just a few clicks. Sensei Pro integrates perfectly with WooCommerce Subscriptions, Payments, Memberships, and Affiliates extensions too.
Content Drip: For each lesson in a course, you can specify when students will be able to access the lesson content, either at a fixed interval after the date they start the course or on a specific date.
Interactive Blocks: Videos, flashcards, image hotspots, and tasklists can be added to any lesson, and any WordPress page or post.
Advanced Quiz Features: Enable a quiz timer and add an ordering quiz question type. With Pro, you can add individual quiz questions to any WordPress content, not just in a quiz.
Groups & Cohorts: Organize students into groups and cohorts to manage access and customize learning experiences.
Course Access Periods: Select a start date, end date, or a specific amount of time that courses will remain accessible to students.
Conditional Content: Hide and show lessons and content in lessons based on groups, enrollment status, and date.
Priority Support: Our team of expert and friendly engineers are standing by and ready to help!
Certificates: Automatically generate beautiful downloadable PDF certificates for students when they complete a course.
Media & Attachments: Upload media and files like PDFs to a separate uploads area of your course or lesson.
Post To Course Cre’ator: Create courses quickly by converting existing blog posts into course lessons in just a few clicks.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins > Add New.
- Enter “Sensei LMS” into the search field.
- Once you’ve located the plugin, click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
- Configure the settings by going to Sensei LMS > Settings.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it.
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s
wp-content/plugins/directory on the server.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and activate the plugin from the Plugins menu.
- Configure the settings by going to Sensei LMS > Settings.
Where can I get ’support for Sensei LMS?
For the free plugin, please use the Support Forums for any questions that you may have. We monitor the forums regularly and will reply as soon as we can.
You can also check our Documentation on our website for guides, tutorials, and other helpful information.
Where can I report bugs or contribute improvements to the plugin?
Sensei is developed in public on Github. We welcome anyone to report a bug, ’submit a pull request, and follow along with our progress.
Does Sensei work with membership plugins?
How can I keep up to date with new releases and announcements for Sensei LMS?
Contributors & Developers
“Sensei LMS – Online Courses, Quizzes, & Learning” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Sensei LMS – Online Courses, Quizzes, & Learning” has been translated into 17 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
2022-12-06 – version 4.9.0
* New: Co-teacher
* Add/coteachers metabox hook #6115
* Remove unused terms after course structure update. #6118
* Fix ownership for draft lessons when changing teacher. #6180
* Add quiz appender filter #6164
* Adapt co-teachers to new sidebar #6166
* Fix some is’sues with the teacher’s Students view #6167
* Prepare grading to ’support co-teachers. #6157
* En’sure quiz author is set correctly when the quiz is initially created #6129
* Make upgrade CTA for co-teachers consistent with other CTAs #6212
* New: Course Theme
* Update Featured label and course categories block styles #6084
* Add landing page patterns #6169
* Enable Learning Mode blocks to be configured by theme.json #6067
* Skip opinionated styles when the active theme declares ’support for it #6066
* Enable customization of the lesson status icons #6070
* Fix sidebar position for learning mode #6210
* Update section headings in Landing Page and Course List patterns #6217
* Fix mail list br tag escape in landing page #6214
* New: Course Settings
* Address testing feedback for course settings sidebar #6161
* Course Settings Sidebar #6156
* Create new course general sidebar #6077
* Rename Course Settings sidebar, show arrow #6197
* Add: Add/sensei contact link atomic #6177
* Add: Switch icon to SVG for Calypso compatibility #6160
* Add: Sensei on Dotcom – Connect Sensei Home tasks statuses with Calypso Launchpad tasks statuses #6124
* Add: Make the view quiz button behave as a complete lesson button when watching a video is required #6127
* Fix: Load persisted notices on user metas only when printing them #6130
* Fix: Make Last Activity column non-sortable #6132
* Fix: Fix is’sue with YouTube adapter’s setCurrentTime #6117
* Fix: Students page now will show all courses enrolled even if it’s more than 10. #5886
* Fix: Fix module teacher name not showing for modules added to course in legacy way #5376
* Fix: Improve classic editor ’support for questions #5440
* Fix: Fix warning when missing update attributes. #6103
* Fix: Prevent multiple actions being enqueued at the same time. #6081
* Fix: Fix Question Category admin page to display intended post_type #6085
* Fix: Add null-check for focus-mode event listener. #6113
* Fix: Do not redirect on login when Jetpack handles redirection #6189
* Fix: Fix YouTube embed handling on some environments #6186
* Fix: Enable to customize sidebar-width and header-height via css variables #6068
* Fix: Fix SQL performance is’sue on the student reports page #6134
* Fix: Avoid quiz check when it’s in a preview #6140
* Fix: Fix home styles #6139
* Fix: Add compatibility for WP < 6.0 on quiz author fix #6153
* Fix: Fix double query when calling
2022-11-10 – version 4.8.1
* New: Course Overview block for the Course List block #5996
* Fix: Course start date reset on lesson completion #6079
* Fix: Contact Teacher block not working #6058
* Fix: Random questions change for answered quizzes #6088
* Fix: Is’sue with enrolling students in the course view in a course with no students #5583
* Fix: Disable broken sorting under Reports #6094
* Fix: Course List buttons extending outside container #6010
* Fix: Checks for modules when adding author name to module name #6034
* Fix: PHP notice on course category archive view #6069
* Fix: Error when activating Sensei LMS + Sensei Pro (WC Paid Courses) #6080
* Fix: Minor cosmetic changes to task list in Sensei Home #6083.