Shopp SEO is developed to bridge the gap between Shopp and WordPress SEO by Yoast. WordPress SEO by Yoast does not integrate with Shopp fully and this plugin fixes that.
Shopp SEO will provide you with meta fields for products and categories within Shopp. Most of the functionality of those fields is handled by WordPress SEO by Yoast and this plugin just provides that data to WordPress SEO by Yoast.
This plugin does remove the native functionality of Shopp with regards to meta descriptions on categories. Shopp creates a meta description for categories based off the category description and disregards WordPress SEO by Yoast. This plugin fixes that so only one meta description is created on a category and that is the one setup by WordPress SEO by Yoast.
Lastly, this plugin adds in the ability for you to setup SEO titles and descriptions for Shopp areas you couldn’t otherwise SEO, like the Shopp landing page, account page, collections and more.
- Shopp v1.3.4+
- WordPress SEO by Yoast v1.6.1+
Note: It may work on earlier versions of those plugins but it has not been tested.
- Upload the shopp-seo-mhs folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Shopp SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin by going to the Shopp SEO menu that appears under the Settings menu.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Shopp SEO” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Released: September 2nd, 2016
- Fixed a PHP notice that was coming up with error reporting.
Released: May 8th, 2015
Verified compatibility with WordPress 4.2.2
- The Shopp SEO settings page now has filter priorities that you can adjust if you find things aren’t behaving as expected for Shopp specific pages.
Released: April 30th, 2015
- Link for rate & review, as well as Shopp SEO settings, appears on the plugins page.
- Removed the field maxlength from the title field on the settings page.
- Adjusted the settings page to be more compact.
- The length checks on the meta fields will now only show red when you exceed the recommended length. Previously it would show red when at the recommended length.
Released: April 21st, 2015
- Changed the default title length to 59 characters and description length to 156 to match with WordPress SEO’s recommendations.
- Cleaned out deprecated code.
Released: March 31st, 2015
- The deactivation of Shopp SEO if WordPress SEO is deactivated has been removed and instead replaced with an admin notice. The problem was that when WordPress SEO was being upgraded it would in turn deactivate Shopp SEO. If you did not realize this then you may have had Shopp SEO deactivated for a while, maybe even now.
Released: March 27th, 2015
- Titles are no longer cut off at 70 characters. You can go as long as you like with it.
- The title and description field will just show you how many characters you’ve typed. If you’ve exceeded 70 characters on the title, or 160 on the description, the character count will show in red to let you know you’ve exceeded the recommended lengths.
Released: March 27th, 2015
- Verified compatability with WordPress 4.1.1
Released: February 10th, 2015
- Fixed an is’sue where the plugin would not activate if WordPress SEO Premium was installed instead of the free version. It should now activate for either version of WordPress SEO.
Released: February 5th, 2015
- Initial release of the plugin.