A simple plugin to insert Tableau Public Vizualizations into a WordPress page. This can be done as a Block, Shortcode or via TinyMCE for the Classic Editor. No frills, no options.
This plugin will no longer be updated.
This has been replaced by WP-TAB Tableau Public Viz Block
Download from here: WP-TAB Tableau Public Viz Block.
- This plugin will only work for Tableau Public Vi’sualizations i.e. you need to have a viz hosted on Tableau Public (What is Tableau Public).
- This plugin uses the Tableau JS API to a)fetch and b)embed your Tableau Public Viz within your WordPress site.
- The Tableau Public Data policy can be viewed here. Data on Tableau Public is expected to be public.
- This plugin does not store the data anywhere in any format. It simply provides a user friendly way to pull a viz hosted on http://public.tableau.com and embed it into the site hosting the plugin.
All you need is your Tableau Public url e.g ‘https://public.tableau.com/views/WorldIndic’ators/GDPpercapita’
With TinyMCE Editor Button (Classic Editor):
1. Get your Tableau Public url e.g ‘https://public.tableau.com/views/WorldIndic’ators/GDPpercapita’
2. Edit the page/post you want it on
3. Click the Tableau button in the Editor
4. Paste the url and insert and publish
Manual Shortcode( or Shortcode Block for Gutenberg):
If the url is: http://public.tableau.com/views/RegionalSampleWorkbook/Storms
Then, this is the shortcode:
- Under the Embed category, select the Simple Tableau Viz block type.
- Paste your url in the block and publish
That’s it. Your Vi’sualization should now render when you view the page.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Simple Tableau Viz Block
simple-tableau-vizfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Tableau Viz” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added ’support for WP Gutenberg Blocks
- First release with TinyMCE button on editor.