Simple Video Info is a lightweight plugin to get stats from any YouTube or Vimeo video. It works by pinging the respective API to retrieve information about your video.
Just use the provided shortcode to get the following information:
- Number of plays
- Number of likes
- Number of comments
- Video title
- Video description
- Video length
- Video thumbnail images
- Video tags
- Video link
- Video publish date
To get information for videos hosted on YouTube you’ll first need a YouTube Data API Key.
- Upload and activate Simple Video Info
- Register for a YouTube Data API Key. (For YouTube only – Vimeo videos do not require a key)
- Go to ‘Settings -> Simple Video Info’ and enter your key. (For YouTube only – Vimeo videos do not require a key)
- How do I get a YouTube Data API Key?
Google has extensive documentation for this process at https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started.
- How do I use the Simple Video Info?
Simple Video Info works by providing you with a shortcode that takes 3 parameters: the video hosting service you are using
(YouTube or Vimeo), the video ID, and the type of information you want to retrieve about that video (view count, comment count, duration, etc).
Complete usage examples are provided on the plugin settings page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Video Info” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
None, yet 🙂