Add snippet blocks to your WordPress content using the new Gutenberg editor
How to use it
- Add a Snippet block within your content
- Include your code
- Select the language
- Save the post and check your front-end
- Objective C
- Based in Making WordPress Do More Block Starter Kit
- Original webpack configuration (before modifications) from Zac Gordon\’s Gutenberg Course.
- Original deploy script (before modifications) from Garry Jones.
- Webpack HMR thanks to Christian Glingener
There are no known is’sues at this time.
- Allow several themes
- Backup your WordPress install
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress
- What library does this plugin use?
It uses highlight.js
- What highlight.js theme uses?
Contributors & Developers
“Snippets Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added Spanish translation.
- Fixed line numbers with long lines.
- Added line numbers. Thanks Waqas Bin Hasan for the tip.
- Added copy button: it allows to copy to clipboard the content of the snippet
- Save formatted code: instead of parsing the content using
highlight.jsin the front-end, the HTML is saved directly in the backend
- Cleaning some first SVN version mess
- First version.