Automatically show star ratings from Facebook and Yelp both in Google Search Results using Schema & Structured Data, and as a widget on your website.
This plug-in helps you:
- Get more clicks from search engines by automatically showing your star ratings from Facebook and/or Yelp in the actual search results on the web pages of your choice.
- Build trust for website visitors by proudly displaying those same star ratings as badges prominently on your site using short codes.
- Integrate Facebook Reviews by simply pasting your Facebook URL
- Integrate Yelp Reviews by pasting your Yelp URL along with your free API key
- Easily pick one or many Pages and/or Posts you’d like to include the Schema information so that Google might display it.
- Facebook Badge – A short code to display your Facebook Badge with your star rating and number of reviews. Clicking it takes you to your Facebook page.
- Yelp Badge – A short code to display your Yelp Badge with your star rating and number of reviews. Clicking it takes you to your Yelp profile.
- Online Review Badge – A short code to display and average online star rating and total number of reviews.
- Schema and Widget Preview – Shows you what the search result and a badge looks like before you integrate them.
For suggestions on how to get more online reviews visit Feedback Automatic.
Installation is straight forward
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/starreviewsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Star Reviews screen to configure the plugin
- Select source for rating and review aggregation by entering a yelp and/or facebook URL
(Note: If yelp is entered an app/api key must be provided in the Integration tab, see more information here: https://www.yelp.com/developers/documentation/v3/authentication )
- Do you support Facebook Reviews?
- Do you support Yelp Reviews?
- Do you support Google Reviews / Google My Business?
Not yet but it is being developed.
- Do you support Facebook Recommendations?
No, it is different than reviews although they are similar.
- Do you use Schema and Structured Data?
Yes, the plug-in both pulls this information and redisplays it on your own site.
- Do you have short codes?
Contributors & Developers
“Star Ratings” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Star Ratings” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Yelp query updated to leverage WP HTTP API
- Plugin no longer dependant on external libraries
- Initial Release