This plugin enables the syntax colorization for the VHDL and Verilog languages by extending the Syntax Highlighter Evolved functionality (and thus, you need to have it installed).
The people behind it
- The VHDL brush is an adaptation done by me of the GeSHi syntax by Alexander ‘E-Razor’ Krause. It can be used as language=”vhdl” or with the shortcode [vhdl] … all code … [/vhdl].
- The Verilog brush was made by Harry Rose at Beyond All Repair. I am just merely putting it into this plugin.
- The Xilinx UCF ’support is my work, although it works for the basic stuff. And basic means colorization for NET, LOC, and comments.
Hope it can be of use to any digital designer out there. Need another language or more features? Don’t hesitate to ask!
Extract all files from the ZIP file and upload the folder to
- How do I add keywords to the VHDL syntax?
If you see there are keywords missing, you can edit the file shBrushVhdl.js, located in the plugin directory. You can also open a ’support topic.
- How can I add keywords to the Xilinx UCF syntax?
Since this is in early stage of development, and have no need for further constraints to be added yet, there will be no update for this brush if not asked. However, you can open a topic in ’support if you have the need for more constraints to be colorized.
- Was this all your doing?
No. As I stated on the description, I am merely putting all together from several sources. Other people has done the heavy stuff.
- How can I repay you for your job
No need for that.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SyntaxHighlighter Evolved: VHDL Brush” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Compatibility revision up to WordPress 4.3.
- Addition of Verilog highlighting capabilities.
- Addition of basic highlighting capabilities for UCF files.
- VHDL finally on WordPress!