T(-) Countdown is a customisable countdown timer that can display years (optional), months (optional), weeks (optional), days, hours and seconds. This plugin is the next generation of T(-) Countdown Widget. Note: a dedicated sidebar widget is not included as shortcodes can now be used in most sidebars.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- T(-) Countdown
- Old-school: upload the
t-countdownfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory via FTP.
- Hipster: Ironically add T(minus) Countdown via the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Activate the Plugin
- Add the shortcode to a post or page.
- Test that the this plugin meets your demanding needs.
- Tweak the css files for premium enjoyment.
- Rate the plugin and verify that it works at wordpress.org.
How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete list of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
Where can I fork this plugin and contribute changes?
Where can I translate this plugin into my favorite langauge?
Community translation for T(-) Countdown has been set up.
How does one pronounce T Minus?
- Tee—As in Tea for Two, or Tee off time
- Minus—As in the opposite of plus (+)
- T Minus—As in “This is Apollo Saturn Launch Control. We’ve passed the 11-minute mark. Now T minus 10 minutes 54 seconds on our countdown for Apollo 11.”
Yes, yes… Twinpictures is on Facebook.
Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures is on the Twitter.
Contributors & Developers
“T(-) Countdown” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“T(-) Countdown” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “T(-) Countdown” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- updated links to new documentation
- options page fields escaped
- can target external elements on launch
- improvements to get around cashed pages
- fixed is’sue with default display units and toggles in block
- added debug attribute to shortcode for troubleshooting caching is’sues
- uses rest-api to recalculate time if page has been cached
- manages cached pages and timezones better
- js script is minified
- added %this_year% and %this_easter% time placeholders
- added omitseconds fixed is’sue with day label
- resolved is’sue with timezones
- added Gutenberg block
- fine tuned css on some styles
- countdown will show 00:00:00 by default if already launched
- fixed is’sue if only days are being displayed
- check if functions exist to prevent conflicts with legacy plugin
- added missing screenshots
- cleaned up plugin options page
- deactivate legacy plugin if activated
- removed unused functions
- plugin relaunched as the next generation of T(-) Countdown Widget
- get_styles() is now a static function
- uses PHP DateTime function for date calculation
- new timezone attribute to target time to different timezone
- weeks are no longer limited to 3 digits
- added optional years and months with omityears and omitmonths attributes
- all styles are css optimised and were rebuilt to ’support more than three digits