A simple, lightweight plugin that displays useful technical information on pages and posts to aid in developing WordPress Classic themes. Provides quick access to things that are sometimes hidden, like post/page ID, slug, taxonomy terms, and post type slug. Theme Inspector tells you exactly what conditional tags are true on each view, and what template file loaded on each page view.
- Use In Conjunction with the WP Template Hierarchy Document.
- Theme Inspector is only visible to logged in Administr’ators.
- Appears on the right-side of the Toolbar (admin bar).
- Simply unzip and upload to the wp-content/plugins’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- There’s nothing to configure. Theme Inspector will automatically appear when you view your website as an Administr’ator. Look at the upper-right corner of the Toolbar (“Admin Bar”).
- Hover over “Theme Inspector” for a flyout-panel containing information about the page you are currently viewing.
I don’t see Theme Inspector! Where is it?
You must be logged in as an administr’ator, and viewing the Site (not the admin panel). It will appear on the admin bar.
Contributors & Developers
“Theme Inspector” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Theme Inspector” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added clearer warning when using an incompatible plugin or Block Theme
- Minor CSS changes for compatibility with RTL language settings
- Minor CSS changes for compatibility with twentynineteen
- Added ’support for WooCommerce templates
- Added the complete template hierarchy chain for the currently displayed page
- minor CSS improvements
- Moved the display to the admin bar (toolbar) for consistency
- Changed CSS styles to be more readable in all themes
- Improved code structure and added Inspector functions
- Original Version – Theme Inspector displays all info at the bottom corner of the screen