Tip of The Day is a plugin that display random tips, quotes, polls… for your users, in a widget.
* You can make a poll of your tip. The logged users will be able to answer to it and you’ll see the re’sults in the dashboard. You can set custom answers.
* Uses custom post types and taxonomies, very easy to admin the tips.
* Ability for a logged user to hide a tip definitely. It will no more appear to him. When creating your tip, you can choose if it is hidable or not.
* Ajaxed. You can refresh the tip, close it, answer to a poll or hide it definitely without leaving the page.
- Fatal error at the activation (function duplicated ?)
- Ajax functions not firing when using WP (it works with BP)
WordPress 3 and above
- Check you have WordPress 3.0+
- Download the plugin
- Unzip and upload to plugins folder
- Activate the plugin.
- How can I style my tips ?
Use CSS !
There also are specific classes for your tips :
-a poll tip gets the class “totd-question”,
-each tag given to a tip is used as class like “totd-tag-XXX” where XXX is the tag slug.
- How can I change how the tip query is made ?
You can filter the query arguments with the filter “totd_the_tips_query_args” to modify the query arguments (show more than one tip, exclude some tips, …)
- How can I display custom content (eg. PHP code) in the tip ?
You can filter the content of the excerpt of a WordPress post using the filters “the_content” and “the_excerpt”.
Here’s an example which uses the plugin BuddyPress Profile Progression to display a tip about how much the logged in user’s profile is filled : http://pastie.org/1289904
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tip of the Day” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Tip of the Day” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First version