TLDR takes a whole new approach to lead generation from your content. Instead of interrupting your website visitors by firing tons of popups, welcome mats and scrolling boxes, TLDR actually improves the experience of your users.
Using TLDR you can add short ’summaries for each of your blog posts and then embed relevant call-to-action (CTA) boxes at the end to offer content upgrades and capture email address data. Not only are you reducing the bounce rate from your longer content but you’re able to add relevant and non-intrusive CTAs closer to the top of your content.
Features of TLDR include:
- Add a custom TLDR ’summary button to your blog posts.
- Add individual CTAs to any of your blog posts that sit within the ’summary section.
- CTA clicks and button clicks are automatically tracked in Google Analytics.
- Summaries only appear on posts that you choose, otherwise the option will be hidden.
- Embed your own custom forms by adding shortcodes within the ’summary sections.
- Completely customise the design of your CTA boxes and the TLDR button within the plugin settings.
- Works seamlessly on mobile, unlike a lot of other lead generation tools.
For more information, visit (http://www.matthewbarby.com/tldr).
- Upload the entire ‘TLDR’ folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to one of your blog posts within the WordPress admin area and add a custom ’summary and CTA within the meta box below the main post editor.
- Customise the way your TLDR button and CTAs look.
- Does this plugin integrate with tools like MailChimp?
Not directly. At the moment, the CTAs will just link your visitors through to landing pages, so there are no forms built-in. That said, this may be a feature that gets built out in the future.
- Do I have to add ’summaries to all of my blog posts?
No. The ’summary button will only display on blog posts where you have added a ’summary or CTA.
- Can I change the way the CTA boxes look?
Yes. The appearance of both the ’summary button and CTA boxes can be completely customer within the plugin settings.
- Will I be able to track CTA clicks within Google Analytics?
Yes. The plugin has been set up so that it will automatically do this if you use the WordPress SEO plugin from Yoast. If not, you can easily set this up using Google Tag Manager.
Contributors & Developers
“TLDR” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release
- Fixed text editor is’sues with formatting.
- Fixed CTA formatting is’sue.
- optional TLDR branding.
- adding custom font for CTA title, button and description.
- added CTA border feature.
- removed global enable checkbox. Plugin will automatically be enabled upon activation.