Translate your site in many languages with this plugin from JoyBin, Inc. (The service provider is Baidu.) Currently we ’support 25 languages: Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish, Thai, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese, German, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Polish, Bulgarian, Estonia, Danish, Finnish, Czech, Romanian, Slovenia, Swedish, Hungarian, Vietnamese. And we ’support 4 kinds of Chinese: Simplified Chinese, Cantonese, Classical Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/baidu-translatordirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings->BD Transl’ator screen to configure the plugin.
You can use shortcode or widget to add Transl’ator with Baidu Service to your page.
Shortcode: Add [baidu_transl’ator] to where you want to insert this plugin. Or click the ‘Transl’ator’ button and choose ‘Insert plugin’ when editing the posts and pages.
- ABOUT US
Widget: Config the widget in Appearance->Widget->BD Transl’ator to add the plugin to the specific part of your page.
- Set ‘no translate’ area. Please wrap the content you don’t want to translate with the wrapper [notranslate][/notranslate] to tell the plugin not to translate the specific content.
[notranslate]THE CONTENT YOU DON’T WANT TO TRANSLATE[/notranslate]
- How can I get the AppId and Key?
You can register for Baidu developer at http://api.fanyi.baidu.com. After that you can find your AppID and Key in ‘管理控制台’ panel. Or just leave it blank to use default AppID and Key.
- Why does the plugin fail to translate my page sometimes?
Using the default AppID and Key means you share the same AppID and Key with all the other users of this plugin. The limitation of the number of words to be translated is 2,000,000 per month. So if too many users use this plugin, the interface to Baidu translating service will be unavailable. In this case, you can register for a new developer ID at http://api.fanyi.baidu.com for free and set to Settings->BaiDu Transl’ator->AppID and Key.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Transl’ator with Baidu Service” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix css bug to fit more stuations.
- Fix buffer output bug to avoid displaying is’sues in some sites.
- Fix default language setting bug.
- Fix readme file is’sues.
- Add icon and banner to assets.
- First release.