Tweets As Posts (TAP) for WordPress is a plugin that allows you to import tweets from twitter into WordPress as posts by simply stating twitter names and hashtags in the confirguration.
Unlimited number of Twitter accounts can be used making both personal and company websites easy to update from multiple twitter accounts.
A custom list of hashtags allows control over which tweets are imported. (Future versions will offer even more options for control)
The imported tweets are added to WordPress as posts, into a category specified in the settings confirguration, and displayed on the front-end with Search Engine Friendly URLs.
The import update runs once an hour automatically or can be forced to run from the settings page of the plugin e.g. if you require an important tweet to appear on the site immediately.
Why use Tweets As Posts
- A simple way to archive your, and those of others if necessary, tweets and make them available on your website
- Updates your website automatically with content relevant to your site visitors
- Your tweets flow naturally with the rest of your website content e.g. as opposed to being displayed in a widget
- Search engines love sites that are updated regularly – depending on your tweeting frequency this could have a positive effect on your site’s Search Engine ranking
- Urls are Search Engine Friendly making discovery by Search Engines easy
This plugin is an extension of the excellent ‘Twitter News Feed’ plugin by Keir Whitaker
- Tweets As Posts 1.1 requires PHP5
- Simplepie – http://simplepie.org/ (This is included in the plugin)
tweets-as-postsdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to
Settings > Tweets as Poststo configure the plugin
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tweets As Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Tweets As Posts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Bug fix – Fatal error fixed when site set to anything but UTC time zone in General Settings and update forced.
- Initial release of Tweets As Posts plugin