Upload Unziper let’s you upload zip-archives and have them extracted, each file properly attached to the current post.
It’s built upon and meant to replace James Revillini’s now-broken just-unzip, and expands on the original plugin in the following ways:
- runs all files through WP’s sanitize filter to en’sure valid filenames
- does not attach duplicates
- does not replace files with the same name
- correctly deals with nestled directories
- uses the latest WP core functionality and the latest PclZip version
- and – perhaps most importantly – it works! 😉
In short – it’s a nice way to do batch uploading. I highly recommend you combine it with an inline image viewer and a plugin to better organize your uploads.
TODO (help needed)
This plugin could do with a few options. As it is, it’ll always unzip archives and then delete them – which might not always be desired.
There are options for this already used in the plugin so it shouldn’t be a problem, but I just loath front-end development. Placing a few tickboxes in the ‘upload’-iframe would do the trick. If you’ve got a few minutes to throw something together, please email me or post a comment to this plugin.
Options I’d like exposed:
- delete zip when done (default: true)
- unzip and attach (default: true)
- attach zip to post (default: false)Copyright (C) 2007 Ulf Benjaminsson (ulf at ulfben dot com).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
- Extract the
wp-upload-unzipperfolder and transfer it to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload some zips. 🙂
- Can I have the ZIP-file attached to the post too?
Yes. But you’ll have to alter the source. Open
- Can I keep the ZIP-file on the server?
- Can I disable the automatic extraction of archives?
Disable the plugin. 🙂
If you’re thinking of contributing a front-end for this plugin, you’d want to check out
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Upload Unzipper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Upload Unzipper” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.