Replaces the Biographical Info profile field with the WordPress vi’sual editor, TinyMCE, allowing you to editor an author’s biography using rich text.
Please note that this plugins modifies the output of
the_author_meta('description'), apply the same filters used to format content in the main editor.
The Vi’sual Editor Biography plugin is compatibly with WordPress Multisite, just use the Network Activate feature to enable a vi’sual editor on every site. If you only want a vi’sual editor for a specific site then activate the plugin for that site only.
- Install easily with the WordPress plugin control panel or manually download the plugin and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Vi’sual Editor Biography” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Check for ‘edit_posts’ capability instead of ‘contributor’ for accurate role checks
- Remove ‘the_content’ filters from get_the_author_description() function and instead add filters individually to avoid future conflicts with other plugins:
convert_chars(). Thanks to Matt Wiebe for making this great ’suggestion.
- Restrict the rich text editing profile switch to contributor level users or higher for security
- Add current_user_can() restrictions for added security throughout plugin
- Fix is’sue with JS loading on user-edit.php; when administr’ators edit other people’s bio’s
- Updates and bug fixes for older WordPress versions
- Add plugin Banner to /assets/ folder for WordPress repository
- Initial public release to the WordPress plugin repository