So you’ve written some WordPress plugins and now you want to let your readers know about them?
The WP Download Counts plugin lets you do just that. It adds a sidebar widget which retrieves a list of your plugins and displays them along with the current download count (updated every 15 mins) and a link to each plugin’s listing in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Minimal configuration required – just a title and your WordPress username
- Plugins listed in order of the most-downloaded first.
- Plugin information cached for 15 minutes to minimize overhead
The plugin is simple to install and setup.
To install it, do the following:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to “Plugins > Add New”
- Search for “WP Download Counts”
- Click “Install Now”
- Click “Activate Plugin”
That’s it, the wordpress plugin download counter should now be installed on your blog.
Now to setup the plugin:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to “Appearance > Widgets”
- Drag the “WP Download Counts” widget to your sidebar
- Click on “WP Download Counts” to view the widget settings
- Add a title (’such as “My WordPress Plugins”)
- Add your WordPress.org username
- Click “Save”
There’s nothing else to do. If you visit your site you should now see a listing of your published WordPress plugins.
- Wouldn’t “WordPress Plugin Download Counts” be a more accurate name?
It would, but WordPress no longer accept plugins with “WordPress” or “Plugin” in the title.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Download Counts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Download Counts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release