WP Post Series is a lightweight plugin for making a series of posts and showing information about the series on the post page.
Posts in a series will automatically show a series box (prepended before the post content), or you can insert them manually using the Post Series Block.
- Add post series using the familiar WordPress UI and give each one a description.
- Assign post series to your posts.
- Filter posts in the backend by series.
- Show the series above the post content or using the Post Series Block in the editor.
- Developer friendly code — Custom taxonomies & template files.
Contributing and reporting bugs
You can contribute code and localizations to this plugin via GitHub: https://github.com/mikejolley/wp-post-series
Use the WordPress.org forums for community ’support – I cannot offer ’support directly for free. If you spot a bug, you can of course log it on Github instead where I can act upon it more efficiently.
If you want help with a customisation, hire a developer!
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Post Series
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “WP Post Series” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found the plugin you can view details about it ’such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by clicking Install Now.
The manual installation method involves downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Post Series” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WP Post Series” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WP Post Series” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Refactor – Improved template markup and default styling. If you have customized the series-box.php file, be ’sure to update it based on the new version to take advantage of the new functionality.
- Feature – New Post Series Block for use in the new editor.
- Feature – If the post does not contain the post series block, post series are still injected via the_content hook.
- Refactor – Rewritten majority of plugin using more up to date standards and namespaces.
- Refactor – Content toggle no longer relies om jQuery.
- Fix – Made series taxonomy visible in the Gutenberg editor.
- Scheduled post handling! Scheduled posts will contribute to your series count, and the title and scheduled date will be listed along with your other series items.
- Removed bundled language files.
- Added POT file.
- Added CSS Class for Series.
- Fix taxonomy class name.
- Show description of series even if the number of posts == 1.
- Fix link to repo in readme.
- Added swedish translation.
- Tweaked styles to work with default themes.
- First stable release.