Major Update Due Soon!
This plugin is getting a major update soon.
WP Super Edit is designed to get control of the WordPress wysiwyg vi’sual editor and add some functionality with more buttons and customized TinyMCE plugins. WP Super edit acts as framework for TinyMCE vi’sual editor plugins and buttons allowing administr’ators (or users) to arrange buttons and add TinyMCE plugins to the vi’sual editor.
Your feedback is always welcome!
- Drag and Drop interface for arranging the WordPress vi’sual editor buttons.
- Access to built-in WordPress vi’sual editor buttons and functions.
- Additional TinyMCE plugins to add buttons and features like tables, layers (div tag), advanced XHTML properties, advanced image and link properties, WordPress emoticons, style attributes, css classes for themes, search / replace, and more.
- Options for allowing users to configure vi’sual editor settings; One editor setting for all users, role based editor settings, and individual user editor settings. Only WordPress administr’ators can activate or deactivate TinyMCE wysiwyg vi’sual editor plugins. In single or role based modes, only administr’ators can arrange editor buttons.
- Easy to install and remove. WP Super Edit uses separate database tables for settings and to ’support multi-site configurations. Currently only the Super Emoticon / Icon Plugin will leave short tags in your posts or pages.
This version has been tested for use with the versions of WordPress indicated. I attempt to keep WP Super Edit up to date with changes to WordPress and the vi’sual editor, but the complex changes can make it unproductive to maintain compatiblity with some older versions of WordPress. This is a list of recent versions available for older WordPress sites.
- Use WP Super Edit 2.1 for WordPress 2.6 to 2.7.1
- Use WP Super Edit 2.3.x for WordPress 2.8 to 3.1.x
- Use WP Super Edit 2.4.x for WordPress 3.1 to 3.8.x
- Take the whole wp-’super-edit folder and put it in the WordPress Plugin directory for your Web site.
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugins administration panel
- Click on the Settings option and you will see WP Super Edit in the ’sub menu.
- WP Super Edit should lead you through the final installation steps. Please be patient! WP Super Edit will attempt to scan and save your original wysiwyg vi’sual editor settings while installing. WP Super Edit will not work until the installation has been completed!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Super Edit” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Super Edit” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Merged in TinyMCS plugins from version 4.3.10
- Tested with WordPress 4.5
- The following plugins have been removed by the TinyMCE development team: advhr, advimg, advlink, style, xhtmlxtras.
- Developmental plugins for WP Super Edit Emotions, WP Super Edit Classes, WP Super Edit Upgrade removed.
- Migrate from depreciated functions.
- Update TinyMCE Plugins to 3.5.8
- Start testing for JSON data migration.
- Fix $wpdb->prepare() errors.
- Remove “default ”” from MySQL for dbDelta since text and defaults don’t play well everywhere.
- Bring back wp_tiny_mce() for WordPress 3.2 compatibility.
- Using Andrew Ozz’s method for loading language files inline. Fixes some is’sues with multisite and various js restrictions.
- Introduce buttons and ’support for Distraction Free Writing.
- Minor bug fixes to eliminate warnings
- Another fix for Font Tools is’sues. Eegistered plugins can assign URL, blank, or none in DB.
- Fix for Font Tools is’sues.
- Update included TinyMCE pluigns to TinyMCE version 3.9.3 package.
- Dependency checks for WP Super Edit ’sub-plugins.
- Introduce WP Super Edit Upgrade Utility Plugin to correct my old mistakes and remove depreciated plugins and buttons.
- Fix Custom CSS Classes plugin ’supporting multiple CSS files thanks @atomas
- Use plugin_url() for better multi-site and domain mapping ’support
- Cleanup effort to remove warnings and depreciated functions
- minor fixes for Theme Class ’sub-plugin
- WordPress 3.0.1 ’support (beta multi-site ’support)
- Removing callback functionality, so additional TinyMCE external plugins can be added by building independent WordPress plugins.
- uninstall.php to do the right thing when you delete this crap.
- Moved Super-CSS-Classes and Super-Emoticons to separate plugins in this package.
- A hopefully a better method of setting up default TinyMCE settings.
- WordPress 2.8 compatibility fixes.
- Big cleanup to move some of the interface class functions to normal php functions.
- A bug fix from vituko that should work better with some server setups.
- Removed backwards compatibility checks because several changes to TinyMCE and WordPress make backwards compatibility prohibitive to maintain.
- It is now using jQuery UI scripts that ship with WordPress. No more stupid big JS downloads for button settings.
- Updates to most of the packaged TinyMCE plugins for TinyMCE 22.214.171.124 (that is a bunch of dots)
- A bonus backport added as ’suggested by vituko that should make things work on more server setups.
- Add font tag styling options for font face, size, etc as requested in wordpress.org forums.
- Switch to template_redirect method for settings scanning using a pseudo tinymce init.
- Clean up CSS for WordPress 2.7
2.0.x and Earlier
- Sorry didn’t keep good notes for these changes. WP Super Edit 2.0 was a major rewrite to make this plugin compatible with WordPress 2.5 to 2.6.