Unlock Seamless Import-Export with WP CSV Ultimate Importer & Exporter Plugins Now!
WordPress export is a process to export all your content, structure, and assets from a WordPress site. This can be imported back or restored when needed with all the required details.
This process is often required when you want to move the site content from
- one WordPress site to another,
- to a different server or hosting,
- back up your content in case something happens to your WordPress site.
Exporting the content going to be simple with this plugin. There are several options to export all your content or certain types of content. If want to trim your content, you can use advanced filters to exclude unwanted and unused items.
Note that WP ultimate exporter plugin is an add-on to the WP Ultimate CSV Importer. It helps to export the WordPress
- Custom Posts
- Post tags
- Post Categories
- Users & WooCommerce Customers
- Taxonomies (New)
- WooCommerce Products
- WooCommerce Variations (coming soon)
- WooCommerce Orders (New)
- WooCommerce Refunds (New)
- WooCommerce Coupons (New)
- Customer Reviews
as WordPress export file formats like CSV or XML files. The advanced filter options will ease up the whole process. It helps to export only the data required without many complications. Also filters for author, delimiters, status, and time range are available.
Imp. Note: This plugin is an add-on. To install the WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin first proceed.
Try it in action
Use one of our demo sites
Please show your ’support by giving it a rating 🙂
- Easy export in two simple steps
- Support for Post, Page, and Custom Post types
- Export any custom fields along with post types
- Auto delimiters and forced quotes to avoid conflicts
- Date filter for a specific time range limit
- Filter data based on different post status
- Filter post data by authors name filter
Supported Modules To Export
- Core Module – Post, Page, Custom Post, Category, Tags, Users, Customer Reviews.
- eCommerce Products – WooCommerce, MarketPress, WP e-Commerce.
- SEO field – All-in-One SEO and Yoast SEO.
- Custom fields – Toolset Types, ACF, CMB2, CustomPress, Custom Fields Suite, Pods, CCTM.
- Custom Post – Types, CMB2, CustomPress, Pods, CPT UI, CCTM.
If you need a WordPress import & export tool, you can check on our WP Ultimate CSV Importer for advanced features.
How to export
Step-1: Module Selection
* Go to the export tab
* Click on ‘Proceed’ to export.
Step-2: Advanced Filters
* To export the data based on filters, select export filters and specify the values.
* Provide the filename and click ‘Export’, the exported file will be in CSV format.
Export Pages from WordPress
There are two ways that you can export your WordPress pages.
The first is by using the built-in export tool which is limited in features, and the second is by using this plugin.
The built-in export tool can be found in the WordPress admin dashboard under Tools > Export.
From here, you can select which content you would like to export (pages, posts, etc). Once you have made your selection, click on the “Export” button and a file will be downloaded to your computer.
If you want more control over the exported file, or if you want to export pages that are not part of the standard WordPress install, then you will need to use this plugin.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, you can find it under the WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin >> Export (tab). From here, you can select pages as option names and choose a file format to export. The plugin will then generate a file that you can download to your computer.
Export All Posts from WordPress with Images
Exporting your WordPress posts is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. There are advanced ways to export your WordPress posts. If you want to export your posts without any hassle with more control, then we recommend using Advanced filters to export as a CSV or XML file.
To export your WordPress posts, follow these steps:
- Install and activate both the WP Ultimate Importer plugin and the WP Ultimate Exporter plugin.
- Upon activation, the plugin will add a new menu item labeled ‘Ultimate CSV Importer”
When you’re ready to export your WordPress posts, there are a few things to keep in mind. If you want to export your posts with featured images, make ’sure to select the “Include Featured Images” option in the Export tool.
If you have any other questions, check our documentation or contact our ’support.
As’suming you have a WooCommerce store up and running, use one of the options from the plugin export tab. Once you’ve made your selections name your file, choose the file format, and apply the advanced option to the Export.
- WooCommerce Products: You can Export all Woocommerce products along with their images, containing all of the products and product data that you selected as a CSV file.
- WooCommerce Variations (New – will be added in V2.1): Do you have woocommerce product variations? just like products you can get variations that can be exported, manipulated, and imported back if needed.
- WooCommerce Orders (New): exporting orders with status can help you prepare periodic reports, analyses, and studies.
- WooCommerce Refunds (New): export refunds to calculate the percentage along with your sales and marketing reports.
- WooCommerce Coupons (New): the export can help you find the effectiveness of coupon offers and plan your future promotions
This is useful if you need to export your products, variations, orders, and refund to a spreadsheet for further analysis or manipulation to import back. This file can be imported into another WooCommerce installation or store setup
Export Categories, Tags, and Taxonomies (New)
Taxonomies in WordPress are a way to classify and organize posts and pages into different categories. These categories can be hierarchical, meaning one category is a parent of other child categories, or they can be “flat” without any hierarchy. Taxonomies make it easier to find related content by filtering out unrelated content.
For example, if you had a blog about cars, you might create the following taxonomies:
- Make (e.g., Honda)
- Model (e.g., Accord)
- Year (e.g., 2005)
If someone wanted to read your blog post about the 2020 Honda Accord, they could easily search for that specific make/model/year combination and find it quickly.
If you ever need to export your WordPress taxonomies, you can do so in either CSV or XML formats. To export them go to the “Export” page, and choose from Post tags, Post Categories, or Taxonomies for custom taxonomies. Next, provide a file name and select the file format from CSV, XLS, XML, or JSON formats. Now apply advanced options and click to export and Download Export File.
There are a few different ways that you can export users in WordPress.
One way is to export users manually by exporting the WordPress database. To export users from the WordPress database, you will need to connect to your website hosting panel or through SSH to access the database.
This method is more advanced and should only be attempted by experienced users.
Another way is to export users through this plugin to export all user data, including metadata, into a CSV file. Select Users as the option from the export tab in the plugin interface.
Once you have exported your users into a CSV file, you can then import them into another WordPress site. This is how you can migrate your users to import all their data, including metadata, to a new server, hosting, or website from the CSV file.
Click to load the plugin’s export screen where you can select what you want to export i.e. menus here. Select “menu” from the list of options you want to export and then click on the Export Selected button. Name the file to process and download the file to your computer.
You can now upload this file to another WordPress site (same or different domain) by going to the plugin > Import tab in the WordPress admin. That’s all there is to it!
More to Come
– One-click Website Export & Migrate
– One Click All Import
– Validation for advanced options and filters
– Download option for all 4 formats
– WooCommerce reports & inventory manager
– Improved log
– Periodic Space cleanup
Supported 3rd Party Plugins
- BBPress Plugin – Topic, Reply, and Forum Export.
- LearnPress Plugin – Courses, Lessons, Quizzes, Orders, and Questions Export.
- WooCommerce – Products with categories, attributes, tags, and Images exported.
- All-in-One SEO Plugin – SEO Fields Export.
- WP Customer Reviews – Reviews Export.
- Multilanguage by Websoft.
- WooCommerce Product Bundles Plugin.
For ’support and feature requests, visit Smackcoders ’support .
Read the blog to know about our latest WordPress add-on updates.
- First, install CSV Importer and then install the export plugin.
- Extract the wp-ultimate-exporter.zip in your WordPress root/wp-content/plugins using FTP or through plugin install in wp-admin.
- Activate the plugin in the WordPress plugin list.
1. How to export from WordPress
There are two ways to export your content:
1. through the WordPress admin panel
2. or by using an export plugin.
Exporting through the WordPress Admin Panel is limited and there are plugins available with the most advanced features that the default tool does have. Primarily this export doesn’t ’support CSV, Xls, or JSON files.
To export your content from the WordPress admin panel, simply navigate to Tools > Export in the left-hand menu.
From here, you can choose to export all content or only certain types of content (’such as posts or pages). Once you’ve made your selection, click the Export button and save the re’sulting file to your computer.
- Exporting via our plugin
If you prefer, you can also use this plugin to export your content as a CSV, XML, XLS, or JSON file format. Simply install and activate the plugin, then navigate to the Export screen.
From here, you can choose what to export, once you’ve made your selection, click the Export button and save the re’sulting file to your computer.
2. How to export the whole WordPress site? how to export it from localhost
If you want to export your entire WordPress site, including your settings and configuration, you will need to use a plugin or manual method.
For manual export
Back up your files as compressed files including wp-content or you can do it separately if the size is too big which you can merge later to the root folder.
En’sure you have a copy of the wp-config.php file, it is better to have multiple version copies of this with a prefix or ’suffix added to the file name. You will end up updating the new domain or ’subdomain, DB name, DB password, and host details in the wp-config.php file to make it work in a new environment. In case you may need to refer it the old configurations to make ’sure they are correct.
Finally export your WordPress DB as .sql or zip or gzip format.
3. How to export wp-content
You can simply compress it and move it to the desired location. Note that wp-content is the folder where your theme, plugins, media, and backups are stored. You may end up handling a very huge folder, if that is the case you can split and backup them.
4. How to WordPress export database table to csv using a plugin
If you want to export your WordPress database table to a CSV file, you can use our export tool.
To do this, go to the Export screen in your plugin UI. From there, you can select which type of content you’d like to export. Choose “Posts” if you want to export your blog posts, “Pages” if you want to export static pages, or any other options available.
Choose the file type you wish to export, note you can select between CSV, Xls, XML, or JSON format. Click the “Export” button. This will process extracting the information from the WordPress database as the source and convert them into CSV or XLs files to export. Both CSV and Xls formats are openable in any spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel.
5. how to export WP DB
These steps can only back up the WP core DB export that includes all your posts, pages, and comments. The core files, folders, wp-content, and media ’such as images, are not backed up. Both have to be managed separately, you can use a Backup plugin for the whole WordPress site backup.
As’suming you have a WordPress site up and running, there are two ways to export your database. The first is by using phpMyAdmin, and the second is by using the command line.
To use phpMyAdmin:
1. Log in to phpMyAdmin.
2. Select the database you want to export from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click the Export tab at the top of the page.
4. Under Export Method, select Quick – display only the minimal options.
5. Scroll down to the Format-specific options section and select Microsoft Word XML format from the drop-down menu.
6. Click Go to start the export process.
To use the command line:
1. Log in to your server via SSH.
2. Navigate to the directory where you want to export the database file.
3. Export the database with the following command: mysqldump -u username -p databasename > databasename.xml
4. Enter your password when prompted.
5. The database will be exported to an XML file in the current directory.
To use the hosting control Panels
You can back up using cPanel or the hosting panel if it is ’supported. Search or look for ‘Download a MySQL Database Backup’ under backups. Choose the name of the WP database to download it as gzip file. If you are not ’sure, get the DB name from the wp-config.php file in the root.
6. Can we export Custom Post created with any third-party plugin?
Yes, you can export all Custom Posts listed in the drop-down.
7. Is there any limitation on the number of exports exported?
No, there is no limitation on the records exported.
8. what is export_wp and how to use it?
export_wp is a function for WordPress that generates the WXR export file for download. By default, this function can export all the content for post types with the can_export argument enabled and skips posts with ‘auto-draft’ status.
Like any other function, you can developers can use it directly in your theme or plugin files, Attach it to an action hook or filter hook. All plugins categorized under export use WordPress functions to process the request.
9. How Passwords are handled in export?
The attribute and header name is user_pass is your export file. The passwords are exported in original md5 format from WordPress DB which is easy to import back in case of site migrations without any is’sues.
You can always skip or delete the old passwords to generate new passwords during import but that involves extra processes like emailing all users about the change and requesting them to change the temporary password etc.
10. To export, how to remove unwanted columns? is there any controlled export?
For a controlled export you have to use available advanced filters and options for desired re’sults. Note you can also remove unwanted columns even after export by deleting them. Note this can be easy to edit, update or delete if you choose CSV or Excel format as an option.
11. how to export WooCommerce orders to excel? how to export all orders? to excel format.
Under the export tab, choose the WooCommerce orders as your choice to export. This will export all orders from WooCommerce provided no advanced filters are selected. You can use the date filter to limit the time range of the orders created. Apply other options as desired, and export the data. If you wish to export WooCommerce orders to excel for editing and manipulating, make ’sure that you have selected XLS in the format options.
12. Where are WooCommerce orders exported?
When you click to download the exported data, the file is downloaded through your web browser. You can find it in Browser > Download (Ctrl + J) and click show in folder. The default download location should be C:\Downloads on your Windows PC.
13. Does this plugin ’support the export/import of images for WooCommerce products? How the image galleries are exported?
Yes, you can export images for WooCommerce products. They are respectively for the default WooCommerce setup as follows
- featured_image: inputs should be the image URL which is publicly accessible and downloadable
- product_image_gallery: this a set of multiple image URLs that is publicly accessible and downloadable separated by pipe symbols like image21.jpg|image82.png|topview.png.
14. what is WooCommerce product shipping class? how to handle it in import and export files?
Product Shipping Classes in WooCommerce make it easier to configure shipping rates for a set of products & categories. That is to manage additional handling or special packaging, to set up free or flat-rate shipping. The attribute for Product Shipping Classes is exported as product_shipping_class that is assigned to the product.
In the case of import, make ’sure the shipping classes are already created and input the proper values. You can do a sample export to verify the product_shipping_class values before manipulating your import values.
15. What are Columns exported with user metadata? What are the WordPress default profile data exported?
The plugin will export all the attributes involved even if they are nonmand’atory or have no values. The future release will have filtering options to exclude empty fields to trim unnecessary columns that could increase the import performance.
Here is the main attributes list
Some of the WordPress user default profile data exported are
Added to that WordPress member’s user metadata that can be exported are
In the case of WooCommerce customers below listed user meta is exported
Contributors & Developers
“Export All Posts, Products, Orders, Refunds & Users” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Export All Posts, Products, Orders, Refunds & Users” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Added: ’support for WooCommerce Orders export
- Added: ’support for WooCommerce Coupon Export
- Added: ’support for WooCommerce Refund Export
- Added: Usability and UI Improvements
- Added: Taxonomies export ’support
- Added: XLS, XML, JSON export file formats
- Fixed: Critical & Activation errors (PHP 8.1 )
- Checked: 6.1.1 version compatibility
- Fixed: Activated addon and updated links for main plugin installation
- Fixed: Plugin activation notice error
- Checked: Compatibility for WordPress 6.0.2
- Added: Export ’support for Jet Engine Metabox * Basic Fields
- Added: Export ’support for the Meta Box plugin
- Added: Export ’support for the Meta Box plugin
- Fixed: Export date filter
- Checked: Compatibility for WordPress 6.0
- Added: Export Support for WP Job Manager Plugin.
- Checked: Compatibility for WordPress 5.9.3
- Checked: Compatibility for WordPress 5.9
- Added: Export ’support for latest LearnPress-LMS plugin-V126.96.36.199:Courses,Lessons,Quizzes,Orders and Questions.
- Added: Export ’support for the latest woocommerce product bundle plugin fields
- Added: Compatibility for WordPress 5.8
- Added: Compatibility for WordPress 5.7.2
- Added: Export ’support for Polylang & Polylang for WooCommerce plugin.
- Added: Compatibility for WordPress 5.7.1
- Added: Compatibility for All in One SEO latest version 188.8.131.52
- Fixed: CPT Export
- Added: WordPress 5.6 compatibility
- Added: PHP 8 compatibility
- Added: WordPress 5.6 compatibility
- Added: PHP 8 compatibility
- Added: Extended Export ’support for WooCommerce Product Bundle Fields.
- Added: Compatibility for WordPress 5.5.1
- Added: Export ’support for Variation Swatcher for WooCommerce Plugin.
- Added: Export ’support for WC Product Bundle Meta Fields.
- Added: Export ’support for specific Widget Values(Posts, Pages, Comments, Categories and Archives).
- Added: Export ’support for BBPress Plugin(forum, topic and reply).
- Added: Navigation Menu Export.
- Added: WP CSRF Protection
- Added: Export ’support for Learnpress-LMS Plugin(Courses, Lessons, Quizzes, Orders and Curriculum).
- Added: Support for comment reply field
- Fixed: Post Category hierarchical export is’sue
- Checked: Compatibility for WordPress 5.3.2
- Fixed: Custom Post Export Is’sue
- Fixed: CPT-UI with product category export is’sue
- Fixed: Minor is’sues and warnings
- Added: new API call to find plugin is installed or not
- Added: notice/alert for the plugin not installed.
* Added: Display the total number of records of export
* Added: Progress bar and time indic’ator.
* Fixed: WooCommerce attribute export
* Fixed: Custom post export
* Added: Compatibility for WordPress 5.0.3
* Fixed: Permission is’sue with the file export.
- Added: WP CSRF Protection
- Added: Compatibility for WordPress 5.0
- Fixed: Tags Export
- Added extra modules for export
- Fixed: Quoted fields export
- Added: Selective field-based export.
- Modified: User Interface.
- Added: WordPress 4.6 compatibility.
- Fixed: Comma-separated vulnerabilities.
- Initial release version. Tested and found to work well without any is’sues.