WP User Profiles is a sophisticated way to edit users in WordPress.
- Includes all functionality from WordPress itself
- Includes 4 top-level “Sections”
- Includes an “Other” section to automatically work with third-party plugins
- Each section includes 1 or more meta-boxes
- Status meta-box allows easily changing user status
- Works great with multisite Network and User Dashboards
- Works great with WP User Groups and WP User Avatars plugins
If you like this plugin, you’ll probably like these!
- Download and install using the built in WordPress plugin installer.
- Activate in the “Plugins” area of your admin by clicking the “Activate” link.
- No further setup or configuration is necessary.
Does this work with multisite?
Yes. It works awesome with the User Dashboard, too!
Can I add my own sections?
Yes. There are a bunch of filters to add/remove sections, and their boxes & fields.
Where can I get ’support?
- Community: https://wordpress.org/’support/plugin/wp-user-profiles
- Development: https://github.com/stuttter/wp-user-profiles/discussions
Contributors & Developers
“WP User Profiles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WP User Profiles” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WP User Profiles” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
[2.6.1] – 2021-05-29
- Update author info
- Add sponsor link
- Improve compatibility with Classic Editor plugin
- Fix some untranslatable strings
- Fix styling for RTL languages
- Add minified styling for production sites
- Add ’support for Sending Password Reset Email, in WordPress 5.7
- Fix bug causing unintended revocation of ’super admin abilities
- Fix bug causing contact methods not to work
- Fix some untranslatable strings
- Add ’support for Application Passwords, in WordPress 5.6
- Improve BuddyPress ’support
- Improve font size to better match WordPress defaults
- Fix not being able to remove a user’s role from a site
- Add ’sub-navigation UI and API
- Add developer actions at the end of every meta-box display function
- Fix confusion with site action links
- Fix non-admins not able to pick languages
- Fix user language being saved as site default
- Add language icon to chooser
- Fix plugin conflict with Genesis theme
- General code improvements
- Fix bug with IS_PROFILE_PAGE constant
- Introduce wp_is_profile_page() function
- Use ‘edit’ filter on user data
- Additional capability checks when editing
- First pass ’support for “Other” section
- Use WordPress.org for translations
- Improve security of profile saving (thanks Brady Vercher)
- Support mu-plugins installation location
- Support for WordPress 4.7
- Improved section/metabox/field key sanitization
- Add multisite “Sites” ’support
- Add “Language” account setting
- Simplify metabox registration
- Add actions for metabox sections
- Improve load order of files
- Improve ’support for IS_PROFILE_PAGE
- Improve ’support for network & user dashboards
- Prevent access to old profile pages (user-edit.php, profile.php, etc…)
- Improve user dashboard ’support
- Fix user-profile script loader is’sue on network & user dashboards
- Repackage of 0.1.7 to fix typos
- Add ’support for network & user dashboards
- Improve ’support for WordPress 4.3 & 4.4
- Improve metaboxes for
[0.1.5] – 2015-10-23
- Add ’support for third party sections
[0.1.4] – 2015-10-21
- Update scripts & prioritize actions
[0.1.3] – 2015-10-15
- Add ’support user-status updating
[0.1.2] – 2015-10-15
- Updated description
[0.1.1] – 2015-10-15
- Updated documentation
[0.1.0] – 2015-09-28
- Initial release