A plugin to site owner to add voting functionality to the blog posts.
Using the power of the ajax, voter can have instant voting and update to top voted widget.
It doesn’t matter voter is logged in or not. Public voting is done by tracking their IP address.
It isn’t end here. Blog owner will have complete control over those voting feature as well as using custom
vote button and vote text.
- Control voting feature via voting on/off (admin feature)
- Control allow or disallow post author to vote his own posts (admin feature)
- Control allow or disallow public voting (admin feature)
- Customise vote and voted text (admin feature)
- Customise vote and voted buttons images (admin feature)
- Customise alert message for non logged in users (admin feature)
- Voting logs for site administr’ator (admin feature)
- Sort voting logs by vote count or voted date (admin feature)
- Show current vote count and vote button on frontend templates
- Compitible with almost all of the themes. You just need to call required function from your template
- Total vote count widget
- Top voted widget
- Now public voting ’supported.
- Now shortcode ’supported. e.g. [wpvoting]
- Top voted posts list shortcode
Features in future releases
- Export to CSV for admin voting logs
- Registered user voting logs
- Re-implement backend voting log list with WP_List_Table class
Note-1: Kindly please rate this plugin or vote the compatibility. So I could review it and improve the quality of this plugin. Appreciate your help!
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Voting menu >> Voting Options and turn on the voting feature
- You may add the custom alert message for non logged in users
- You can use shortcode
[wpvoting]directly in your posts content < OR >
if(function_exists('wpv_voting_display_vote')) wpv_voting_display_vote(get_the_ID());between the wordpress loop of your theme templates ’such as category.php or single.php
- You may also use shortcodes or widgets
— vote button —
— top voted list —
[wpv-top-voted show="10" nopostmsg="Nothing to show yet!"]
Note: This plugin will create two tables in your wordpress database
Please check it out my blog http://www.wpclue.com/development/plugins/wordpress-voting-plugin/
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Voting” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Voting” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- The first release of the plugin.
- Fixed broken images
- Added allow or disallow post author to vote his own posts feature
- Fixed voting on/off options not getting selected state after initial plugin activate
- Fixed allow post author to vote his own posts options not getting selected state after initial plugin activate
- Fixed allow post author to vote his own posts options not getting deleted after deactivate the plugin
- Added custom vote text feature
- Added custom voted text feature
- Added custom vote button feature
- Added custom voted button feature
- Added shortcode ’support
- Tested compability with WordPress 3.2.1
- Fixed the broken admin css
- Added reset all voting
- Added total vote count widget
- Re-design admin voting options page
- Added db version to options tbl for next release (public voting)
- Added public voting feature (unregistered / non-logged in users voting)
- Added top vote widget
- Implemented proper un-installation (Now deactivate won’t delete db tables and settings)
- Bug fix (two or more users voting from same computer can’t vote)
- Added top voted list shortcode
- Added wpv_voting_get_display_vote function to overcome vote button is keep showing at the top of the post
- Now wpv_voting_display_vote will just echo out the wpv_voting_get_display_vote return
- Vote button implementation is moved to wpv_voting_get_display_vote
- Fixed vote button is keep showing at the top of the post when user uses [wpvoting] shortcode
- Fixed minor CSS rule