WP Webdoctor – WordPres Security Plugin: Antivirus & Virus Scanner
WordPress itself is a very secure platform. However, it helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site by using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices.
The WP Webdoctor Security plugin will take your website security to a whole new level.
This plugin is designed and written by experts and is easy to use and understand.
It reduces security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the latest recommended WordPress security practices and techniques.
All In One WP Security also uses an unprecedented security points grading system to measure how well you are protecting your site based on the security features you have activated.
Our security and firewall rules are categorized into “basic”, “intermediate” and “advanced”. This way you can apply the firewall rules progressively without breaking your site’s functionality.
The WP Webdoctor Security plugin doesn’t slow down your site and it is 100% free.
Below is a list of the security and firewall features offered in this plugin:
User Accounts Security
- Detect if there is a user account which has the default “admin” username and easily change the username to a value of your choice.
- The plugin will also detect if you have any WordPress user accounts which have identical login and display names. Having account’s where display name is identical to login name is bad security practice because
you are making it 50% easier for hackers because they already know the login name.
- Password strength tool to allow you to create very strong passwords.
- Stop user enumeration. So users/bots cannot discover user info via author permalink.
User Login Security
Protect against “Brute Force Login Attack” with the Login Lockdown feature. Users with a certain IP address or range will be locked out of the system for a predetermined amount of time based on the configuration settings and you can also choose to be notified
via email whenever somebody gets locked out due to too many login attempts.
As the administrator you can view a list of all locked out users which are displayed in an easily readable and navigable table which also allows you to unlock individual or bulk IP addresses at the click of a button.
- Force logout of all users after a configurable time period
Monitor/View failed login attempts which show the user’s IP address, User ID/Username and Date/Time of the failed login attempt
Monitor/View the account activity of all user accounts on your system by keeping track of the username, IP address, login date/time, and logout date/time.
- Ability to automatically lockout IP address ranges which attempt to login with an invalid username.
- Ability to see a list of all the users who are currently logged into your site.
- Allows you to specify one or more IP addresses in a special whitelist. The whitelisted IP addresses will have access to your WP login page.
- Add Google reCaptcha or plain maths captcha to WordPress Login form.
- Add Google reCaptcha or plain maths captcha to the forgot password form of your WP Login system.
User Registration Security
- Enable manual approval of WordPress user accounts. If your site allows people to create their own accounts via the WordPress registration form, then you can minimize SPAM or bogus registrations by manually approving each registration.
- Ability to add Google reCaptcha or plain maths captcha to the WordPress’s user registration page to protect you from spam user registration.
- Ability to add Honeypot to the WordPress’s user registration form to reduce registration attempts by robots.
- Easily set the default WP prefix to a value of your choice with the click of a button.
- Schedule automatic backups and email notifications or make an instant DB backup whenever you want with one click.
File System Security
- Identify files or folders which have permission settings which are not secure and set the permissions to the recommend secure values with click of a button.
- Protect your PHP code by disabling file editing from the WordPress administration area.
- Easily view and monitor all host system logs from a single menu page and stay informed of any issues or problems occurring on your server so you can address them quickly.
- Prevent people from accessing the readme.html, license.txt and wp-config-sample.php files of your WordPress site.
htaccess and wp-config.php File Backup and Restore
- Easily backup your original .htaccess and wp-config.php files in case you will need to use them to restore broken functionality.
- Modify the contents of the currently active .htaccess or wp-config.php files from the admin dashboard with only a few clicks
- Ban users by specifying IP addresses or use a wild card to specify IP ranges.
- Ban users by specifying user agents.
This plugin allows you to easily add a lot of firewall protection to your site via htaccess file. An htaccess file is processed by your web server before any other code on your site.
So these firewall rules will stop malicious script(s) before it gets a chance to reach the WordPress code on your site.
- Access control facility.
- Instantly activate a selection of firewall settings ranging from basic, intermediate and advanced.
- Enable the famous “6G Blacklist” Firewall rules courtesy of Perishable Press
- Forbid proxy comment posting.
- Block access to debug log file.
- Disable trace and track.
- Deny bad or malicious query strings.
- Protect against Cross Site Scripting (XSS) by activating the comprehensive advanced character string filter.
or malicious bots who do not have a special cookie in their browser. You (the site admin) will know how to set this special cookie and be able to log into your site.
- WordPress PingBack Vulnerability Protection feature. This firewall feature allows the user to prohibit access to the xmlrpc.php file in order to protect against certain vulnerabilities in the pingback functionality. This is also helpful to block bots from constantly accessing the xmlrpc.php file and wasting your server resource.
- Ability to block fake Googlebots from crawling your site.
- Ability to prevent image hotlinking. Use this to prevent others from hotlinking your images.
- Ability to log all 404 events on your site. You can also choose to automatically block IP addresses that are hitting too many 404s.
- Ability to add custom rules to block access to various resources of your site.
Brute force login attack prevention
- Instantly block Brute Force Login Attacks via our special Cookie-Based Brute Force Login Prevention feature. This firewall functionality will block all login attempts from people and bots.
- Ability to hide admin login page. Rename your WordPress login page URL so that bots and hackers cannot access your real WordPress login URL. This feature allows you to change the default login page (wp-login.php) to something you configure.
- Ability to use Login Honeypot which will helps reduce brute force login attempts by robots.
- The file change detection scanner can alert you if any files have changed in your WordPress system. You can then investigate and see if that was a legitimate change or some bad code was injected.
Comment SPAM Security
- Monitor the most active IP addresses which persistently produce the most SPAM comments and instantly block them with the click of a button.
- Prevent comments from being submitted if it doesn’t originate from your domain (this should reduce some SPAM bot comment posting on your site).
- Add a captcha to your wordpress comment form to add security against comment spam.
- Automatically and permanently block IP addresses which have exceeded a certain number of comments labelled as SPAM.
Front-end Text Copy Protection
- Ability to disable the right click, text selection and copy option for your front-end.
Regular updates and additions of new security features
- WordPress Security is something that evolves over time. We will be updating the All In One WP Security plugin with new security features (and fixes if required) on a regular basis so you can rest assured that your site will be on the cutting edge of security protection techniques.
Works with Most Popular WordPress Plugins
- It should work smoothly with most popular WordPress plugins.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Webdoctor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Webdoctor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.