Are you looking for a clean and simple solution to display your wedding gift registry on your website or just want to create a wishlist for your birthday or other occasions?
WPGiftRegistry easily lets you add gifts to your wishlist and embed it anywhere with a shortcode. Each gift is displayed with an image, a title, a description, the price and a product link. More importantly, people can indicate if they already bought the gift (so nobody else does).
WPGiftRegistry comes with a nice design and is built responsively so it displays nicely on all devices.
Disclaimer: As this is a free plugin, some of your product links may be transformed into affiliate links.
- Upload the
wpgiftregistrydirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create wishlists through the new backend menu titled “Wishlists”
- Place your shortcode (e.g.
[wishlist id='49']) anywhere in your content, to display the wishlist
If you want to display a list with links to each of your wishlists, use the shortcode
What features are we planning for future releases?
- A color picker for customizing the wishlist colors
- Email notifications
- Potentially PayPal integration
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Wishlists for Weddings, Birthdays etc.” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Simple Wishlists for Weddings, Birthdays etc.” has been translated into 6 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fixed broken backend fields (bugs were introduced with 1.4.12, sorry!)
- Fixed some broken links
- Fixed is’sues with CMB2 upgrade, metaboxes where not showing when editing whishlists
- As’sured compatibility with WordPress 5.4.1
- Fixed styling is’sues with the Twenty Twenty theme
- Fixed various broken Amazon links
- Fixed several other small bugs
- Added global option to hide the total price of splitted gifts
- Added the option to enable gifts to be given unlimitedly
- Updated CMB2 library to v2.7.0
- Bugfixes/Updates to CMB2 and CMB2-Conditionals to fix problems with WPBakery Vi’sual Composer (thanks to @jtsternberg)
- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.0
- Removed aggressive CSS rules that caused problems previously
- Added an option to hide/show gift price decimals to the settings page
- Bugfix for password protecting single wishlists
- Important bugfix for reserving single gifts
- New shortcode
[wishlist id='all']displays a list with links to each of your wishlists
- Added missing strings to translations
- Fixed some display bugs regarding ’successive reservation of gift parts
- Changed price display to price per part
- Minor CSS bugfixes
- Important bugfix: added missing JS and CSS files
- NEW FEATURE: Split gifts into parts to enable group gifting
- Display unavailable gifts at the end of the wishlist
- New ‘Copy Shortcode’ button
- New settings to enable/disable email and personal message fields in the gift reservation dialogue
- Optional tracking of anonymous user data to improve the plugin
- A few minor bugfixes
- Bugfix for ’successive gift reservations
- Bugfix for multiple wishlists on one page
- Bugfix for empty settings page
- Fallback for NumberFormatter (caused a fatal error on activation if absent)
- Bugfix in the uninstall script
- Major design overhaul
- People can now leave their name when reserving gifts
- Many small bugfixes and improvements
- Important bugfix for a display error in the reservation overlay
- Bugfix for IE and Edge
- Bugfix for logged out users to enable marking gifts as bought
- Language File Bugfix
- Dutch translation
- New feature: the wishlist is now sortable via drag and drop
- New feature enabling wishlist items to be used without a product URL
- New settings page to customize the currency symbol used for displaying of the wishlist
- German translation
- Fix for a bug causing the wishlist to be always embedded at the top
- First version of WPGiftRegistry with the basic functionality.