Need to insert a table into your page or post? WordPress Tables plugin will take your data in CSV/JSON format or directly from MySQL table and create an interactive data table. With WPTables plugin, you can easily create and manage your tables from the WordPress administration. Simply insert a shortcode into your page, article or post, and you are ready to go. That’s it! Enjoy your new table.
WP Tables plugin’s main features are:
- Inserting data using powerful spreadsheet editor
- Importing data from CSV and JSON files
- Showing data directly from MySQL database: by selecting a table or writing custom SQL query
- Changing column titles, order and visibility
- Number formatting
- Sorting alphabetically and numerically
- Pagination with options
- Configurable width and height
- Exporting created table to CSV file
- 6 predefined color themes
- Supporting shortcodes from other plugins inside the table
- Supporting links and images
After installing the plugin, tables are created in few very basic steps:
- Navigate to the `WPTables` menu in the WordPress administration dashboard
- Click `Add New Table` and enter a name for the new table
- Choose a data source format and insert your data (for example the CSV file)
- After importing the data, you can edit table fields and other options
- Copy and paste the generated shortcode into your page or post (you can also use a button in the WordPress text editor to insert a table)
- How to change table width/height?
Width of the table is 100% by default. Height is auto. But you can override these parameters by modifying a shortcode as following:
[wp_table id=”77″ width=”640px” height=”480px”]
- How to format numbers?
You can define a custom number format for columns with type
1. In the WordPress administration open the table for editing.
2. In the Fields section find the necessary field and make ’sure that the type is
3. You will see the Formatting button next to the Type drop-down.
4. Set the desired format and click
- How to add currency symbol to values?
- In the WordPress administration open the table for editing.
- In the Fields section find the necessary field and make ’sure that the type is
- You will see the Formatting button next to the Type drop-down.
- Add currency symbol to the format (i.e. ‘$0,0.00’).
- How to set link text?
Linkfield type you can use Markdown syntax to set the link text.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Tables” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added abitity to assign HTML ID to the table in the shortcode using
- Fixed the is’sue with exporting tables that are created using MySQL query.
- Fixed the is’sue with exporting tables that contain characters like Chinese or Korean.
- Fixed the is’sue with exporting column names insted of titles.
- WordPress 4.9.4 ’support.
- Fixed the is’sue with MySQL when correct (but empty) query re’sults “Invalid query. Please check the syntax and try again.” error.
- Added ’support for variables in the MySQL queries.
- Allow Editors to access WPTables.
- WordPress 4.9.2 ’support.
- Fixed the is’sue when table appears at the top of the page.
- Added compatibility with LABJS.
- Added compatibility with shortcodes plugins.
- Fixed the is’sue when jQuery is loaded in the footer.
- Fixed the is’sue with MySQL queries.
- Fixed the is’sue with removing rows.
- Added ’support for custom MySQL queries.
- Fixed horizontal alignment.
- Fixed mixing up tables with other post types.
- Fixed the is’sue with Unicode symbols.
- Brand new admin UI with drag’n’drop file import and much more.
- Brand new powerful data editor for imported files, including CSV and JSON.
- Support of importing JSON data.
- Improved CSV parsing.
- Adding/removing new columns.
- Search and bulk actions for created tables.
- Cloning tables.
- Improved MySQL ’support: now it is possible to load data from any database that is available for the DB user, not only WP tables.
- WordPress 4.9 ’support.
- Fix fatal error on PHP < 5.5.
- Added ’support for custom currency symbols in number formatting.
- Fixed the is’sue with saving table updates.
- Fixed compatibility with FancyBox library prior version 3.
- Fixed the is’sue with adding new table using CSV/MySQL.
- Added ’support for custom number format (decimal places, thousand separ’ator, currency symbol, percent, etc.).
- Added ’support for links inside the table.
- Added ’support for shortcodes inside the table.
- Fixed is’sue with missing sort icons.
- Added ’support for Unicode characters.
- Fixed is’sue with an apostrophe (‘).
Fixed CSV parsing with dots in column names.
Fixed editing HTML-like data.
Added 6 predefined color themes.
Added a “manual” mode for creating tables. It is possible now to edit the data in a spreadsheet-like interface.
Added help and about sections.
Initial version where most features are ready and pretty stable.