Very lightweight and simple plugin that displays the currently installed PHP version in the “At a Glance” admin dashboard widget.
In the latest plugin version you can also view the current MySQL version when hovering over the PHP version text. We chose to implement it this way as you may not need to know the MySQL version as often as the PHP version, and it just adds unnecessary vi’sual noise.
Just hover over the PHP version label to display the installed MySQL version.
Also, on some Windows based servers the returned MySQL version can be displayed with a
5.5.5- prefix which can be a little annoying, so this is removed for convenience.
Please rate this Plugin if you find it useful. It only takes a moment but it’s very much appreciated. 🙂
And here’s how you can help ’support our open source work. We couldn’t do this without you!
For more plugins see our WordPress plugin site.
Instructions for installing the Display PHP Version Plugin.
- In your WordPress admin go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Enter “Display PHP Version” in the text box and click Search Plugins.
- In the list of Plugins click Install Now next to the Display PHP Version Plugin.
- Once installed click to activate.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard page and look next to your WordPress version to see what PHP version is running.
Contributors & Developers
“Display PHP Version” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Display PHP Version” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.7 – May 7, 2021
- Fixed minor caching is’sue preventing PHP version displaying straight away (unless you did a hard browser refresh) when upgrading plugin from v1.5 to v1.6. This is fixed in v1.7.
1.6 – May 7, 2021
- Tested plugin for WordPress 5.7.1.
- Added donate link.
- Plugin now also displays MySQL version too when hovering over the PHP version text.
1.5 – April 26, 2019
- Tested plugin for WordPress 5.1.
- Plugin meta information, and a link, updated.
- Minor update for WordPress 4.7 compatibility, and some formatting changes.
- Added more reliable way to output PHP version number.
- Updated for WordPress 3.9.1.
- Initial uploaded version!