Ever annoyed when you had to add that same opening sentence or image to a blogpost for the gazzilionth time? Or always wanted to have an easy way to insert youtube video’s to your site?
Despair no more, now there is searchReplace. Well, there probably are a number of similar plugins, but this one is different: it is mine. 🙂
The plugin makes it possible to search for certain texts and replace them, in both comments and posts. It does not alter your database contents.
For example, you could add the string “[topicimage]” to searchReplace and replace that with your default image tag.
When changing your default image you only have to change the searchReplace item to change it site wide!
The plugin supports regular expressions as well, which makes it possible to do url replacements, or other more advanced search and replace commands.
Uses: Implementing BBcode (pre configured), replace foul language, easy YouTube insertion (pre configured) etc.
It has the following features:
- Easily add, edit and delete rules
- simple search and replace option
- regular expression search and replace option
- apply rules to comments, posts or both at once
- Pre installed with BBcode (minus smilies and tables) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode
- Upload the folder ‘searchReplace’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Activate the desired pre-defined options
- Why aren’t there any questions?
You guys did not ask any!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“searchReplace” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “searchReplace” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Checked if it still worked under 3.8.1 (yes), updated version-nr to 1.1.
- Checked if it still worked under 3.4.1 (yes), updated version-nr to 1.0, as no major bugs have been found.
- When installed in subdirectory, the “edit” and “delete” link did not work
- First version… Feedback appreciated